• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

take over bid

TRFC_Ian

Player
Aldo
Typical Rovers - just as things are starting to look a bit healthier on the pitch after 18 months of disappointment suddenly this whole ugly saga begins to unfold. How quickly that particular bubble burst.

Ive always been a very strong supporter of Johnson -defending him on many occasions on this site. Ok his football-related decisions havent always been great, but financially hes been great for us. But this worries me. A lot.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with TRFC_Ian's first paragraph above, just as things were starting to look up on the pitch...

Both parties have suggested that the talks are at a very early stage, so we have to hope that either they don't progress or the Yanks have got an unfairly bad press. Alas, I fear the latter is unlikely.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
This is indeed very worrying and these fellas need to be avoided at all cost. They dont seem to have any real money of there own rather they invest other peoples. At the moment the club itself is not owned purely by Peter Johnson he has a 60% majority shareholding while Lorraine Rogers holds 30% with the rest being made up of small shareholdings by supporters and the Trust.

In order for any sale to be agreed with these people would all parties have to agree to sell their shares? Or as majority shareholder would PJ be able to make a decision without agreement from other parties?

At the end of the day I agree with what has already been said on here I dont think PJ would sell us to anybody not without doing his homework on them first. BUT as this is Tranmere god knows what will happen.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
If PJ sells his shares to this group or anybody else they would be the majority shareholder & therefore all the other parties wouldnt have to agree to sell their shares im pretty sure.

O

OneNightInGayParis

If anybody buys PJ's shares they become the majority shareholder and can outvote the remaining 40%. Basically, they can then do whatever they want providing that they are not "unfairly prejudicial" to the minority shareholders. They don't need the other 40%. I guess in this case "unfairly prejudicial" would mean taking excessive wages out of the club (the £400k pa that would have come out of Sheff Wed?) or doing something that would deliberately devalue the minority shareholding. Would love to know what Lorraine Rogers thinks of the situation.

M

Mal

I suspect they will realise that there isn't really an investment opportunity. Much as I am a fan of Tranmere, we couldn't attract a following greater than around 9K if we covered everyone on the wirral with chunks of metal and fitted a thousand-ton magnet in the kop-end.

So the only way forward is to have someone with more money than sense who would bank-roll us to the premiership which would then bring in money because of all the Sky Sports benefits and potential for European games income.

Therefore we stand no chance. If Club 9 do take us on, they will cut their losses before long and run, leaving us in a big mess.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
No mention in PJ's column in the programme today.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
No mention in PJ's column in the programme today.

That was going to be my first point on my post tonight, but I was distracted by the incredibly poor game !

The absence of any reference to the talks is very poor communication in my view, and pretty typical of PJ's approach since he returned. Even if a deal is highly unlikely, the approach should still have been referred to if only to allay the supporters' fears.