• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Stuart Fleetwood

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Just noticed that Crewe have had a bid accepted for this lad from Forest green. Not sure how much it would cost to get him but he seems to be a good finisher from his recent record, and Forest Green gaffer is Tranmere legend Jimmy Harvey, who could maybe have a good word. Of course I'm just creating speculation, but maybe the lad is worth a punt???:roll:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think if we had got through in the cup we may have had a chance of going for this bloke but unfortunantly with no more money from the cup I doubt we will go for him.

Player
Goodison
Unfortunately I dont think we have the funds to sign him. I thought Ronnie was interested in Andy Bishop at Bury?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Well I think its the same situation with him... We haven't got the funds to buy him outright so its sell one of our other strikers or leave it.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, from what Ronnie was saying, is does sound like its a case of having to sell one player to get another one in. I know there's been quite a lot of interest in this lad. I just wonder if it's a bit of a risk as he's taking one hell of a step up!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Given that Calvin Zola had enough gilt-edged chances over the 2 games v Hereford to have buried them, he should be the one to go, if we can't get people in because of the Cup exit. Agree with Ian about Fleetwood, but not worth that amount of money at this stage imo

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
But Zola at least gets in those positions to have those chances. Now he is getting these positions which he hadn't been is it just a matter of time before he starts taking them?