• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Stevenage v Rovers

Match result

• Stevenage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stevenage v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Lamex Stadium
Saturday, April 23, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, April 23, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It was some messy goal with a wicked deflection but who cares! :D

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Akinde well in the mix again with a simple ball to Chilvers unmarked in the box.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
1-2 FT. Newport pretty much out of it now.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Should hopefully give our lads a boost ahead of tomorrow. Although I guess it shows how there are no guarantees when you play the sides lower down the league

Reactions: Ian

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A win tomorrow is huge, put us in a strong position

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
To misquote Bill Clinton, 'It is the away form, stupid'. We have to produce two performances away from home to have a chance.

Bristol Rovers and Northampton both have tough games tomorrow, so a win might also bring those clubs within touching distance.

Player
Manager
John King
Rumours elsewhere that Murphy is out tomorrow and Doohan is back in.

It looked like he pulled his hamstring on Monday.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Doohan in against a physical Stevenage side plus Murphy’s form would be a massive blow if true

Player
Manager
John King
I think Doohan is a reasonable keeper, but we would miss Murphy's distribution and experience for sure.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I think Doohan is a reasonable keeper, but we would miss Murphy's distribution and experience for sure.
Yes I agree. I just worry about his confidence in such a crucial game given he was dropped for a 40 year old. Hopefully he’ll be mentally strong

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
As RLC mentions earlier on the thread our away record at Stevenage isn't great. My only visit to the Lamex saw them grab a late equaliser in a 1-1, from memory their goal was a bit of a freak. Throw into the mix that they're fighting for their FL lives and have as unpleasant a management team as you're likely to encounter ~Paul Raynor reputedly being even more obnoxious than Evans.

The news about Murphy is a big blow and suspect it means that any hopes of a clean sheet are diminished. Elsewhere, I would look to bolster the midfield defensively, replacing Warrington with Spearing/Foley.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Bad news regarding Murphy but the lads have to be up for this whatever XI Micky puts out. We have the quality, but they need to be confident and ready to take them on. This is it for us, we can't be pussy footing around now. Win here and we are well in the mix.

ADD

Player
Norwood
That's not a surprise as he was clearly struggling on Monday late on. That said after the injury he pulled off a great save so I am hoping this is one of MM's mind games to ambush the opposition! If he is even 90% I would play him given the circumstances.
Doohan has been ok but I did feel that MM erred when he didn't bring Murphy back in after his concussion but to be fair I understand why he was looking to the future!
Easiest solution either way is to play on the front foot so we don't need to worry about who is in goal!!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
That's not a surprise as he was clearly struggling on Monday late on. That said after the injury he pulled off a great save so I am hoping this is one of MM's mind games to ambush the opposition! If he is even 90% I would play him given the circumstances.
Doohan has been ok but I did feel that MM erred when he didn't bring Murphy back in after his concussion but to be fair I understand why he was looking to the future!
Easiest solution either way is to play on the front foot so we don't need to worry about who is in goal!!
He struggled getting back to his feet after making the save.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I always said when we lost at Colchester a few weeks ago what a strong side they were!!
Colchester didn’t look that good but they were still battling to stay up and all of them put in a shift. Unfortunately, that was the match that turned their fortunes around. They have had a great record since, while that result had the opposite effect on us.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Doohan starts and Davies must be injured again. No NKP so foley alongside Clarke. Once again you do wonder should we have brought in another centre back but got to get on with it

Reactions: Boz

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
No Murphy Davies or Knight-Percival, Foley must be centre half

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager