• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Sherriff to Shrewsbury Town

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
Shane Sherriff has today signed on a free transfer to Shrewsbury Town. - http://www.shrewsburytown.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10443~1335293,00.html

I myself quite liked Sherriff however, I know a lot of people who say he wasn't good enough at left back & not attacking enough for left midfield however, I never really saw a problem.

I just hope that we are able to bring in a good attacking left sided player to replace Sherriff!! :-({|=

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Sheriff to Shrews

Shane Sherriff has today joined Shrewsbury Town on a free. Another player who has turned down a contract with us to move elsewhere. Thats a little worrying, Ronnie doesn't seem to be able to persuade thse players to stay on.

I thought Shane was a decent player, out of position on left wing but he was a very useful player imo.

I'm guessing Ronnie either has a lot of faith in our young lads, or he has some irons in the fire on icoming transfer targets that we don't know about. Or we're stuck! One of the three! Hopefully a mix of the first 2 really. Worryingly quiet though, only Edds in and quite a few have left.

Player
Goodison
I dont think it would have been too much of a loss if we still had Jones and Tremarco but now we havent got a left side. I don't really rate Sherriff but he's a useful squad player. The number of players rejecting contracts might suggest that Moore isn't very popular amongst the players or that there is little ambition at the club.

I like the way Shrewsbury used the headline 'Left sided player' as nobody really knows Sherriffs real position!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I does seem a little concerning that players are leaving, but I wouldn't read to much into it. Sherriff was average last season. And he's gone to Shewsbury, not exactly a step up.

Ronnie will bring players in, just gotta be patient. There's still plenty of time until the season kicks off.

Player
Goodison
At the moment we've got a 17 man squad - it could be 15 this time next week. We seriously need at least 5 players.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I find this hard to fathom from the player's perspective. Shrewsbury have made one decent signing in Holt and have a good young manager. However they're play-off contenders at best in L2. So you'd only make the move if either the deal was financially better or you didn't rate the management or prospects at your current club. Neither is particularly palatable for a Rovers fan. While I felt that Shane got preferential treatment from RM and was picked ahead of the likes of Tremarco and JMW, nonetheless his versatility did make him a good squad player and he chipped in with 5 or so goals a season

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
I'm Worried we don't have any money to bring other players what happened to someone buying the club, its all gone quiet on that front.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Unless one of us finds their numbers coming up on a double rollover of the national lottery, I can't see anyone buying PJ out.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
It says on the official site that Ronnie wouldn't guarentee him a centre back or left back role. Also its pretty obvious Ronnie will be looking for a attacking left winger. So basically Sherriff left because he was not going to be a first teamer. More of a fringe player. I'm not worried about him moving on. If we can keep McLaren and Jennings and make some good signings we'll be fine.