• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Scunthorpe v Tranmere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Big game this one, and a very difficult one being away from home on a Tuesday night, straight after a cup exit.

Our Tuesday night performances have been very poor all season so I'm slightly worried about this one. Only positive is that Scunny were also knocked out of the cup at the weekend.

I'm not usually one for negative thoughts, but I'll be happy with a point come Tuesday night.

Anyone making the trip?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Massive, Massive, massive game this one. Tricky game especially with all the injuries. No Mullin, no Davies, no Mcateer, No Jennings, no Harrison. Thats a whole midfield in itself out injured. Thommo to play centre mid with Stockdale back in the back 4.

Hope we can get something but not counting on anything tbh.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
whats wrong with davies?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Injured his knee. I think we will struggle now... they are going to be out until at least the Crewe game. In my opinion if we had a replay this month too the situation would be even worse. Scunthorpe will be a tough game but its up to the players that come in to try and prove themselves. A draw would be a good result.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, we all knew December was going to be a massive month, and if we are going anywhere this season, now is the time to prove it! One hell of a difficult game. Scunthorpe as we all know have been superb this season and have a very capable striker in the name of Billy Sharp who has an impressive record since joining from Sheff Utd for 100k.

He's scored 37 league goals in 57 apps and has 14 already this season and that's from 19 starts. Very dangerous player.

Scunthorpe, lead by caretaker manager Nigel Adkins have been impressive this season. After a shaky start to the season, only winning 1 game in August, it's been up and up since then. Five wins in September, 4 wins in October and 3 wins in November have rocketed The Irons upto 2nd place in the league, 1 point ahead of the Rovers (which makes this a massive game for both sides).

Scunthorpe's most impressive result this season was the 4-0 demolition of Nottm Forest at the City ground! Since then, Scunthorpe have only lost once in the league and were undefeated in November.

However, their last result was not as impressive, so don't give up hope yet Rovers fans! They lost at home to Wrexham in the FA Cup 2nd round, going down 2-0, with Nigel Adkins describing the performance as 'poor display'. Seems like both teams go into this match on the back of poor FA Cup displays.

Let's hope it's a cracking game and Tranmere can pick up some points.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Tonights team has both good and bad news....

Team: Ward, Thompson, McCready, Goodison, Sherriff, Shuker, Mullin, McLaren, Ellison, Greenacre, Zola.

Subs: Achterberg, Stockdale, Henry, Jones, Curran.

Mullin has made a unbelieveable recovery?? Hopefully he is fit and we aren't just risking him. Although Taylor is not even in the 16 which is a worry as I think he has better defensive qualities than Zola when defending corners and free kicks.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
1-0 down. Scunny's only chance of the first half. FFS!! Come on Rovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.