• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Scunny 1 Rovers 3

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Absolutely magnificent. It sounded like a repeat of the Crawley game, with the centre backs struggling to cope with their experienced strikers early on, but Rovers completely dominating the last hour of the game.Two assists from McGurk as well.

The only slight downside is Robbo going off after 20 minutes - hopefully he hasn't aggravated the injury - but fantastic that we could still win so comfortably without him.

Four points clear at the top. Who would have thought it.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Fantastic. Another slow start but the quality in the final third really shone through and we were on a role once the second went in. Hope Robbo's OK, but this really is quite unbelievable.

Glad Akpo got a couple too. Between him and Cassidy, they are unstoppable. Haven't they got about 15 between them so far?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I just keep expecting the bubble to burst.....but it doesn't!!

Going 0-1 down and losing Robbo we could have easily folded but once again the lads have done fantastically.

That's 3 outfield players all on 7 league goals, amazing as our top scorer last season had 5.

Credit to the defence too. Hawley is decent and Leon Clarke had 5 in 5 plus Scunny were on a half decent run

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
carry on like this, and we could have 40 pts by the 1st round of the FA cup for gods sake!!

merseymariner

Player
Nicky Henry
It is wonderful to not only have goalscorers, but to have 3 players on 7 goals and it is only just October is amazing.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
we actually are quite good arent we...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
No need for words..

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 7
Player
Backayogo
My daughter lives up that way and went to the match, the first game she's seen them this season. She said that the first half she couldn't understand why we were top, we were awful. Second half she said we were magnificent and unstoppable! Another great win but I wish we could it both halves! Onwards and upwards.

Player
Nixon
really chuffed with this result.

Would like to say that when we do get it right both halfs we will hump someone by 6 or 7.

But still think where due a 4 or 5-0 humping the otherway !!!

But where still winning and thats all that counts, as for the people who say 'we havent played anyone yet' ........ 10 games is 10 games, and everyone seams to be beating each other at the top, Notts Co. who lots are saying are the 'b=llocks' in our league are getting beat or getting a hard time against lower teams.

But to reach the magical 10 games unbeaten is a great achievment for Ronnie and the lads.

All prem managers harp on about judge us after 10 games, well you can judge Tranmere now!!!!

Roll on Sat vs. Joss and Enoch ;-)

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
In 50 years as a Tranmere fan, I've never seen anything like this. The only time that came close was 1964-65, when we were unstoppable at home but disappointing away. But in those days we were only in the fourth division (League Two) and Dave Russell had spent time and money building a good team.

This season, we have a low budget and a small squad. On paper, we certainly don't have the best 11 players in League One, so what Ronnie has done since March is incredible. We could actally see three players scoring over 10 goals for the first time since Dyson/Mamning/McDonnell in '64/'65 - and at this rate it could be before Christmas!

After so many disappointing seasons, I am actually beginning to believe this team can go places. They never give up and keep coming back from being behind. This hasn't happened for three years. There seems to be an inner belief that was lacking under Les.

I hope the owner continues to back Ronnie when things get tough and he needs a bit of cash.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I mean we can't grumble really, and although we only seem to be playing for 45 minutes, even the first 45 when teams have the majority of the play, we rarely concede. This can only be a positive.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Another fantastic result to come from behind in consecutive away games and win is some going and shows the spirit and fight is their in the squad.

We are stacking up the points and the goals continue to flow long may it continue happy days indeed.

DIW

Player
Goodison
But where still winning and thats all that counts, as for the people who say 'we havent played anyone yet' ........

FFS. :roll: I think a couple of people, myself included, mentioned that maybe we hadn't really been tested after the six game mark and it was far too early to get excited.

As for last night, we went on nil down and I thought, maybe the run was going to end, but credit to the team and Ronnie - another superb second half performance. I'm not going to say it because I am terrified of the disappointment but maybe...

At the very least it's the best I've seen or known for ages! Let's hope it can go on!

Player
Jonny Morrisey
On paper, we certainly don't have the best 11 players in League One,

See, I disagree! I think when we have a full squad to choose from, there aren't many better starting 11's in league 1. I just worry that if we pick up a few injuries and we don't keep the loaners (paritcuarly Gibson & Cassidy) I think we may struggle.