• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Saints v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Another tough game. Although Southampton haven't reacted as positively to their points deduction as Leeds did a couple of years ago, they're still a decent team in a false position. Plus our nemesis, Ricky Lambert now plays for them. My stating point would be to avoid a hammering, anything else is a bonus.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
This is a great game to test how far we have come in recent weeks. I would be very happy with a draw. Possibly even a clean sheet.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
No-one will be calling this a "must win game". It's a pleasant change and shows we are making progress. Even if we'd been mid-table, Soton would be favourites to win by a couple of goals. I'm not pessimistic, but our season won't be over if we lose. Brighton won there recently, so we have a chance. But I'd be delighted with a draw.

Player
steve coppell
I'd go for it being 0-0 at half time, with a plan for getting a goal back if we go one down...look at our goal difference - there's little chance we will be able to use it to stay up, so I hope Les aims for a dour draw with no goals....if this isn't possible throw a few forward, there's little difference in us going down there by 1-0 or 2 or 3....it would be great to get a one point, but a win would be a minor miracle....

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Screw all that logic and form book and who's got money and who hasn't. Yes we're underdogs but that will make getting a result all the sweeter.

WE'VE GOT LES PARRY, CHIEFY AND GARNO. We've got the guts and it's about time we got some glory. That's the Tranmere spirit and it's coursing through our veins again.

Let's make every ball a white ball, and knock the "but we're too big a club for this division" down a peg or two.

Tranmere to win. Final score 1-2.

Superwhite army!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I admire your optimism NeverBeat. Anything is possible... DC, while our goal difference is bad now, there's still half a season to go and cut it back. Avoiding any more hammerings could contribute to keeping it down. Heavy defeats undermine confidence and morale, so Les will send out a side to keep things tight.

O

OneNightInGayParis

All the stats suggest a comfortable enough home win. However, look what happened at Huddersfied who have a better home record that the Saints and are still unbeaten at the Galpharm. It gives us hope that Brighton turned them over at St Mary's a couple of weeks ago.

Despite not being a "must win", it will be a good indication of how far we have really come over the past few weeks - was the result at Huddersfield only a flash in the pan? I hope and believe not - I'm going with NeverBeat: 1-2 win. :-D

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
not only is ricky lamber knocking in the goals but so too is david connolly who is a good striker at this level be delighted with a point but think they will beat us 3 1

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Connolly is an excellent player at this level, Goodison and Broomes best be on their toes! Good to see a few predictions on the go too :)

1-1 for me with Curran getting the goal.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
lose 3-0..............

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
lose 3-0..............