• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Wimbledon

Match result

• Rovers

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AFC Wimbledon

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Wimbledon
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, April 20, 2024 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, April 20, 2024 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Joe Tacopino in the stands with Mark for the game and also at the post match awards. His wiki page shows he’s had an interesting life!
I heard he was part of some kind of sponsorship deal we’re looking at. No idea if true or what the sponsorship might involve.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Joe Tacopino in the stands with Mark for the game and also at the post match awards. His wiki page shows he’s had an interesting life!

Although Alter only really started playing in October ish I’m surprised he didn’t pick up a single club award.
I’d be shocked and gutted if he bought into the club. He has been involved in several Italian clubs, but not on a long term basis. I hope he is not thinking of acquiring Rovers. He has been lawyer for Donald Trump, so the guy must be thick skinned and shameless, not the sort of person we want anywhere near us. On the other hand, if he’s offering his legal help … ;)

Reactions: Boz

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
I’d be shocked and gutted if he bought into the club. He has been involved in several Italian clubs, but not on a long term basis. I hope he is not thinking of acquiring Rovers. He has been lawyer for Donald Trump, so the guy must be thick skinned and shameless, not the sort of person we want anywhere near us. On the other hand, if he’s offering his legal help … ;)
He's got a third tier Italian mob currently which is a positive in my book, our sort of existence. Lawyers work for all sorts, nature of the game, wouldn't read into that. Must be pretty big time?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Although Alter only really started playing in October ish I’m surprised he didn’t pick up a single club award.
Yes, I agree. Jennings' leadership has been key this season, but without Apter we could well have been relegated.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Don't know how the awards were selected, Luke McGee was fans player of the season and Connor Jennings players player, were the other awards picked by committee? There weren't that many awards that Robbie could have picked up though, no young player award and there can't be much argument about Turnbull's turn and volley v Stockport being goal of the season.

drwhoman

Or the start of the “Make Tranmere Great Again” movement!
Given his CV I cannot see why Tacopina would have any interest in Tranmere. I see he bailed out from Trump when the Daniels and Carroll cases started to get messy. Trump is not much loved in New York so maybe he thought that he might get his head down to retain other clients! It is intriguing as to how we knows Mark although Palios is quite a common surname in the US so maybe a family link somewhere.