• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Pompey

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It was a good result and Rowe seemed to merit his surprise recall. Aimson's double fracture bad news, but Woodards is now fit again and along with Gumbs can provide some cover at the back. Stockton is a confidence player and it may take him a little while to get back into the groove, but at least Fenelon appears promising. One swallow doesn't make a summer, so let's hope we can build on this victory.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
My first trip to PP this season so I was well chuffed.

The 3-5-2 seems to work really well, packing the midfield means we defend higher up the pitch and a comptetent CB can deal with anything punted long. The injury to Aimson was nasty, we heard the crack up in the main stand. Despite the criticism he attracts I thought Holness did an OK job when he came on. He can deal with the long stuff but not so comfortable facing his own goal.

On the whole it was a great display, they battled for every ball and the 3-1 scoreline didn't flatter us.

Difficult to single out anyone for MoM, it was a good team performance.

I think the two cup games coming up will be good for us. Hopefully we'll try to get a more settled starting 11 based around the winning team from Saturday and build from there.