• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v PNE

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Crucial game coming up, weather permitting. Preston have underachieved so far and in appointing Graham Westley as their new manager may have gone for a long-term option rather than a quick fix, given his inexperience at this level(though doing well at Stevenage)

Preston's form has been patchy and in some ways, I'd feel happier facing a side in better nick. Former Rovers hero Iain Hume is unfit, unsure if ex-loanee Danny Mayor will feature, having scored the winner at Deepdale. They've also a couple of defenders banned.

I don't expect any major changes from the Wycombe defeat. Perhaps Lateef ahead of Akins/Devaney, but doubt we'll see two starting up front.

Prediction: It's been a while since we've had a home league game against Preston, so may pull a few more in for the novelty value, but the televised Liverpool game may draw others away. Crowd ~5k.
As for the result, anything could happen...anything except a thumping Rovers win.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I dont know why but i just feel we will win this game 2 1

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think we might start with Lateef behind Tiryaki and McGurk on one wing, Devaney / Akins on the other. Devaney did well 'in the hole' against Huddersfield but really struggled last Saturday. Whether he just had an off day, or is not really comfortable in the role I am not sure.

I too fancy us to win this one - which means it will probably be called off !

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Hopefully they can take some postives from that and other performances, but I fear this is a rut so not hopefull.

Would prefer to see Devaney play, but out wide and let either McGurk or Lateef have a free role.

If Tyriaki is isolated again we are probably looking at 0-0 - save for any wonder strikes.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Preston away was an excellent game, easily my most enjoyed all season

We played well, Akins had probably the only decent game of his career and we were unfortunate not to get something out of it.

So long as someone throws another pie at Neil Mellor tomorrow I care not for the result (seriously though I think we will win):cold:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Mellor is out injured, there is a pitch inspection at 10am so the game maybe off.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
What is the weather like on Wirral atm and how likely is it the game will go on?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
What is the weather like on Wirral atm and how likely is it the game will go on?

Its supposed to go down to minus 1 overnight and early morning, the pitch has had covers on but is frozen in parts, looks like may well be off.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
get the hairdryers out!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The youth game at Raby has already been postponed, and given that the inspection is so early, it may be a case of simply confirming the inevitable.

Fingers crossed.

DIW

Player
Goodison
At least we won't lose if the pitch is frozen...

Player
Liam Palmer
Pity. I fancied us to win. Really tough next two fixtures. Oh well. Nothing to moan about on here for the next four days. Except the weather. Bloody weather!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The ref left it a bit late to decide, for those of us travelling over, I'd gambled it would be off. A shame as it was probably a good time to play them with new management and bans. It will be hard to take anything from the next two games.