• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Unable to get to this, as on Friday. The Bristol Rovers form seems to have improved of late, so don't think this will be easy, but after Tuesday one we must win.

Haven't heard any more on Andy Taylor, but looking at where Blackpool are in relation to us, couldn't fault him for going there. So presume Tremarco at left-back, will there be any defenders on the bench given the 2 suspensions?

I'd hope for starts for Jones and Curran if Greenacre unfit, but given Ronnie's recent track record, no confidence this will happen,

Player
Goodison
I am going to the game tomorrow and its a game we really must win. Although Bristol Rovers form has gone up a bit there still 19th and if we want to challenge for promotion you simply have to beat team's that are 19th. Curran and Jones should both start. I thnk Curran should play alongside Zola, because Greenacre didn't sound like he was fit vs Orient. I assume Tremarco will start at left back as Taylor is still unavaliable according to teamtalk. The only defender on the Bench I can think of is Johnston/Holmes. Henry can play at centre back though and Moore has hinted that he may feature more in the first team - although I don't think he will be at centre back!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
If we are to even stand a chance of getting back into the play offs at some point then realistically we need 3 points on friday night. Not sure whether if Taylor signs tomorrow that is too late to be included in the squad. Would have been nice to have had a couple in in time for this match.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The only defender on the Bench I can think of is Johnston/Holmes. Henry can play at centre back though and Moore has hinted that he may feature more in the first team - although I don't think he will be at centre back!

Both Johnston and Holmes were on loan, not sure if they're back with us now? Sounds like another reason for having Henry on the bench instead of Ahmed to me.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
This is a disaster! Bristol Rovers hit the post too just after taking the lead! Sounds very poor in a game we needed to win!

evo_trfc

2-0

we have wasted our two games in hand now, just does show we were overacheiving

Status
Not open for further replies.