• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Leyton Orient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Celebrating Prenton Park Centenary, 25 years of Peter Johnson, cheap admission and the 2nd match of Ronnie's return. Can Rovers get 3 points or will it be a re-run of the Tranmere centenary a couple of years ago where Swindle rained on our parade with a 1-4 win?

Orient are in lower mid-table atm and not in a great run of form at present. They have however strengthened the side with 3 emergency loans including the dangerous winger Jamal Campbell-Ryce. Former Rover Ben Chorley features in central defence for the Os.

It doesn't seem likely that we'll have recruited anyone else by the weekend, given Ronnie's comments. Options are fairly limited, so he may opt to start with Enoch and Brunt up front and maybe Akins out wide, given he didn't fare well in a striking role against Notts.

Prediction: Crowd somewhere between 6-7k. It's certainly a game the lads are capable of winning, but will they?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Ususally when we have these offers we play poor and the game is rubbish i think this time we willnick it 2 1

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We have to win this one really. I think Enoch and Brunt will start up front, probably with Zoum on the left, Robinson on the right. Orient have shipped a lot of goals recently, and suffered a heavy defeat at Wycombe in midweek, so hopefully this will be the game where we finally score more than once.

I used to be a fan of the £5 offers, but now I am not so sure. The newcomers rarely return on a regular basis, and having a large number of uncommitted spectators tends to dilute whatever atmosphere there already is in the ground. We are certainly due a decent performance in one of these matches, after a series of disasters in reduced price games in recent seasons.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Nothing but a win will be good enough. Increased attendance and a chance for three points on the table. I'll be furious is they fluff it, but don't think they will. Ronnie's bubble not ready to burst yet, and I think the lads are going to be up for it. Let's just get behind them and hope we see a fully committed, attacking display.

Orient have been a bit rusty in the last few weeks, and got whacked by Wycombe a few days ago.

2-0 to Rovers.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Ian, they may have been whacked a few days ago but have brought in 3 new players since then. On the plus side for us Rachubka is in goal.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
If Ronnie makes the proper amendments to the team and starts with Enouch/Brunt and drops Weir for Labadie we will trounce them.

merseymariner

Player
Nicky Henry
I hope Ronnie has been working closely with Enoch this week and hopefully has been working on his confidence - pretty obvious he has lost a bit since his bad injury sustained at the end of last season.

Would agree with the option to play Zoum on the left - ok his delivery can be poor, but hopefull he can use his pace to stretch the fullbacks and create openings in between the opposition defence for the strikers and hopefully a few midfielders to take advantage of!

DIW

Player
Goodison
We. Have. To. Win.

Its that simple for this one. I wasn't at Notts County this week as I was away on a school residential but cheered like a nutter when the BBC website registered that equaliser. That could be key for confidence as on Tuesday was the first time in months that the player went off the pitch on a high rather than a downer. Follow that up with a win and I reckon we'll be on the path to survival.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
On the plus side for us Rachubka is in goal.

Not sure I'd agree. He did a reasonable job while on loan with us and I can't remember any goal conceded during that time which was totally his fault.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Still feel uneasy. They may be on a high after the late goal, although performance wise probably less to be cheerful about.

Still can't see where goals come from, but I do like Zoum playing wide (despite poor delivery) as he does put pressure on their defence.

Sounds desperate, but I would give Ash a shot up front as he does seem to be able to get into scoring positions natuarally. Appreciate he has been tried in midfield, but at least up front he won't have to wory what to do with the ball.....just stick it in the net!:idea:

Attendance 4,975

Score 0-0

DIW

Player
Goodison
Sounds desperate, but I would give Ash a shot up front as he does seem to be able to get into scoring positions natuarally.

????????????????? Not sure whether to laugh or cry at that one.
That'll be good for the strikers confidence. We are not that desperate yet.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Akins should be left well away from the squad. Brunt and Showumni up front. Robbo and Bakayogo on the wings. Shame Ronnie hasn't been able to bring a winger or striker in time for the game. Leave Weir out, he's been non-effective.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Take your point DIW re undermining strikers confidence, but I honestly think they are less than average and if Ronnie has declared his priority is to bring in a striker, I would guess they get the message anyway that they are not rated...and have I have to say that much is true.

In terms of desperation....we are not that far off.

Hope Brunt or Enoch get a hatrick

Status
Not open for further replies.