• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Grecians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We've won both home games since Exeter returned to L1. Can we make a hat-trick and gain some revenge for the 3-0 defeat at their place?

Our opponents seem to have been loaning or bringing out of contract players in an effort to stay up. Alan Gow and Rohan Ricketts added to a list that include the veteran striker Jamie Cureton.

Rovers haven't added anyone else, although James Wallace stays until the end of the season. It will be a surprise, in the absence of injuries, if Ronnie makes any alteration to the team that won well in midweek. He's right to caution against complacency and we need to reach the 50+ mark asap.

Prediction: can't see that many travelling from the west country, so unlikely to top 4.3k. Expect a few goals either a score draw or Rovers winning by the odd goal

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm going away for the weekend, so I'm posting my thoughts early. From recent posts, it seems that everyone thinks we are going to walk it. I never thought confidence would be so high this season.

On form, we should win with something to spare, but Exeter are the only team to turn us over so far this season with a 3-0 victory at St James's Park. I don't think it will be easy, as they will be battling for the points. If we relax or one or two have a bad day, they could spring a surprise.

I'm predicting a 1-1 or 2-2, but hoping for a lot better.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Could be a tricky game they made a few signings this week think we will just nick it 2 1

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yeah they have signed Rohan Ricketts ex Spurs man and Alan Gow who I remember scored a cracker at Prenton Park for Notts County in that abandoned game last year.

But as Ronnie says - its all about what we do. Expect the same starting eleven as Tuesday but good to know we have decent back up options on the bench.

If we get an early goal we could get a few but I'd take a narrow win to carry the run on.

Onwards and upwards !

Player
Liam Palmer
The corresponding fixture last year saw us play our most fluent football under Les, winning 4-0 and scoring a couple of cracking goals. Ironically, that was against an Exeter side which was on the verge of the play-offs.

This year it's a different scenario. Anything like that result would be amazing but I can't see it. I think it will be a dogfight and although I'd like to think we'll nick it, I think it will be extremely close.

The incentive is there for our players, just let's hope they are up for it. They should be.

M

Mal

I am working on the 'what goes around, comes around' theory so 3 or 4 nil to Tranmere.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm going to predict a nice 3-0 win, and I'm allowed to be cocky because I'm only watching. Let's hope the players don't have the same attitude. Nothing wrong with confidence, but I hope they don't think this is going to be a walk in the park. Keep working hard, keep pushing forward and keep that excellent back line organised, we should be fine. Looking forward to seeing a few more goals.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Exeter have been in terrible form and have suffered a rash of recent injuries, tempered by the signing of out of contract players referred to above. Rovers must go into the game as strong favourites, but I am slightly nervous that our purple patch must come to an end sooner or later.

Even a draw would not be a disaster, but if we match the levels of energy and commitment shown on Tuesday night we should have too much for them.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Played our best football on Tuesday night and still improving ....

We just have to turn up tomorrow and 3 points in the bag no problem

Win by 4 goal margin...

Scorers

Brunt 2
ego 1
wallace 1
wier 1

DIW

Player
Goodison
Played our best football on Tuesday night and still improving ....

We just have to turn up tomorrow and 3 points in the bag no problem

Win by 4 goal margin...

Scorers

Brunt 2
ego 1
wallace 1
wier 1

This sort of over confidence is scary. The turn around under Ronnie has been brilliant but it is only 5 games.

We just have to turn up tomorrow

Wrong. We need to turn up and battle for every ball. If we do we will win I'm fairly sure. If not, it could be a difficult afternoon. I hope there aren't too many more fans like you out there.

However, at the moment we have every right to be confident that we can get a result.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Is this the same team that didnt win in 20? This is unbelieveable, and goes to show how poor Les truly was.....If RM can keep the bulk of this squad for next season, we should do really well....

Status
Not open for further replies.