• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Crewe

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crewe

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Crewe
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Friday, October 14, 2022 - 07:45 PM
Until: Friday, October 14, 2022 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
1 up at half time, not at our most fluent but deservedly ahead, hopefully get a second which should finish the game off.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Tougher game today but Rovers digging in. They don’t seem to have a threat up front. Hopefully we can kill it off second half.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It’s been a fairly quiet game so far. The corner that led to Rovers goal a result of our best move, a run and shot from Morris. There’s been another shot straight at the keeper aside from the goal that’s it. Been very cautious defending, a couple of times Micky’s pulled all the players back to defend free-kicks. Crewe have been neat and tidy in possession, but not really tested Doohan yet.

Crowd numbers swelled just before ko. Will be interesting seeing the attendance figure.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Much better performance tonight than at Sutton, with Merrie having a good half trying to keep the ball on the ground and playing with a forward momentum. We could really do with a second to avoid Crewe sneaking an equaliser.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
They have started the second half the better team, Merrie another poor tackle gets a booking

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Second goal against the balance of play at the time. Need to keep Crewe quiet for a spell

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Well on top now, be nice to boost the gd with a third

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
O'Connor shot think Nevitt got touch on it for the third, worryingly Hemmings went off injured right at the end.
A thoroughly deserved and comfortable win, apart from a short spell at start of second half when they applied some pressure they didn't do much and had nothing upon front and Doohan didn't have a save to make

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Comfortable in the end. We seemed to play better in the second half despite a nervy spell straight after the break. 3-0 seemed a bit flattering, but Crewe lack end product. Decent attendance too.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Really good alround performance with a few standouts being Simeu, Morris, Cogley, Merrie and "substitute" Nevitt.....well done to all the team...5 wins and...5 clean sheets

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I did not think the scoreline flattered us at all over the ninety minutes. However, I agree that Crewe were a better side than Sutton and for sixty minutes the game was a tight contest. However, it is a credit to the players that we came through a difficult test and ran out such comfortable winners.

Our opponents set up very cautiously in a 451 and packed the midfield, which is why the first half was cagey, with relatively little goalmouth action. However, there was no doubt we edged the half and were the side that was trying to make something happen in the attacking third. Crewe had a couple of useful looking individuals but offered very little creativity and their attacking players were brilliantly marshalled by our back four. They had a reasonable spell of pressure in the first ten minutes of the second half, but the game opened out after our second goal, and in the final thirty minutes we battered them, playing some really good football and creating numerous chances.

I thought both full backs were brilliant tonight, and although Morris's final ball was missing at times, his willingness to get on the ball created plenty of space for others. Nevitt's impact from the bench was terrific again, and I am made up that he starting to score regularly now. That is three in three games, and I think he is averaging close to one goal every two games now. However, man of the match has to be Simeu, who is a Rolls Royce of a defender at this level. His reading of the game and pace when one v one was highly impressive tonight.

Into the play off places and the train keeps a rollin'.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
O'Connor shot think Nevitt got touch on it for the third, worryingly Hemmings went off injured right at the end.
A thoroughly deserved and comfortable win, apart from a short spell at start of second half when they applied some pressure they didn't do much and had nothing upon front and Doohan didn't have a save to make
It looked like Hemmings just had cramp, or at least I hope so. I would not include either striker in the squad on Tuesday night, as we can't afford any more injuries up front.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
What an atmosphere! A fully deserved three points and even when Crewe had a spell in the second half I was never worried. Sometimes things just go for you and they missed some decent chances and we went up the other end and Nevitt scored the important second goal.

The team spirit looks great when they celebrate. We just look so comfortable at the moment. Thought merrie and OConnor had good games but agree with RLC that Simeu was immense. Didn’t put a foot wrong as does have bit of Ian goodison about him with his back heel in our box in the first half and some shepherding out of play.

On we March

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Brilliant again from Rovers. The balance of the team is superb at the moment and the confidence is flowing. Simeu is immense. He really should be playing at a higher level but I'm not complaining. We are rock solid in defence right now, goals are flowing in at the other end, it's great to watch at the moment and I loved being back at Prenton Park on Fri night. Great attendance and atmosphere. Rovers rise to 6th and we keep marching on. SWA!!

Player
Jonny Morrisey
Simeu has had a lot of praise on here tonight, and rightly so, but I also think Turnbull has been brilliant lately and deserves a mention. He reads the game so well, he's physical and dominant and they compliment each other really well! Long may that continue.