• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Barrow

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Barrow

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Barrow
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, October 1, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, October 1, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Palios himself admitted the shortcomings up front in the recent Q&A. He said we had four strikers lined up on deadline day, none of whom signed for various reasons.

However, now that we have settled I think it has become clear that the recruitment in other areas was pretty good.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
T
Palios himself admitted the shortcomings up front in the recent Q&A. He said we had four strikers lined up on deadline day, none of whom signed for various reasons.

However, now that we have settled I think it has become clear that the recruitment in other areas was pretty good.
Yes I agree. The likes of Bristow, turnbull and simeu were excellent today and have been in recent weeks. Plus the return of Morris is important and if we can keep going along nicely and bring in another frontman in January we could have a decent season

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
While there is always a nirvana I think that Hemmings and Nevitt are a pretty good strikeforce at this level. I accept that, at present we have fairly flimsy cover. I do get frustrated that Hemmings was usually a couple of yards behind play when a cross is made from the goal line by Morris, Hawkes, Cogley or Bristow. He is clearly capable of putting the ball in the net but needs to be in position. It seems like a minor tweak to me but I'm unsure if he he is suffering from perceived 'defensive' responsibilities, is not reading what has become a predictable attacking manoeuvre from wide or just hasn't the pace to keep up. If it's the latter it is a problem, otherwise it is something that can be worked on.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.

I do believe he was putting a bit (lot) of spin on that googly. I was under the impression that there was one that signed for another club. But we will never know for sure.

but I agree, the other new recruits have improved our defence and shape.