• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Barrow

M

Mal

The tranmere highlights show that it was a penalty, even if Norwood played for it. Contact was inside the box.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I liked Cook's goal. SJ's corner was spot on and our other players distracted the defenders leaving Andy on his own. Credit to GB for what I expect must have been a training ground move.

Reactions: Ian

drwhoman

In real time the penalty was a marginal one. However, as Mal says, the highlights replay shows that contact was inside the box. A good decision by the ref. There seemed to be a possible penalty earlier in the match but there was no replay and nothing was given.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm glad the referee made the call as he seemed reluctant to make any decisions early on. Why was the keeper only shown a yellow?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I think a yellow card was about right. He was way over one side of the box and not convinced it was a definite realistic goalscoring opportunity.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Barrow should have had about three or four bookings in the first half alone as they were leaving their foot in at every opportunity. Typical Cox tactics.

With regard to Lincoln, I don't think they are a flash in the pan. They have one of the best squads in the division this season with Rhead, Raggett, Woodyard, Arnold and others and I would expect them to make the play-offs at least.

I was expecting better from Barrow, who I thought would be play-off contenders, but that may be a reflection of how well Rovers played.

I think it was a reflection of how well we played. Barrow have a reasonable squad and will still probably finish in the top eight or ten. It was encouraging that we were so much better than them.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree about Lincoln. They took braintrees manager who did well last season and gave him a full time job so he left the school he was teaching at!

With Arnold and Rhead they have goals in them alongside a chap called a Margetts who opened his account for them on Tuesday on his first competitive start for the club...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I still don't think the quality of the so called top sides is that good. Barrow weren't great and looked lightweight up front mixed in with the usual rough and tumble. Same as Eastleigh who I thought were a horribly dirty team and where one of the top sides last year.