• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Aldershot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If everyone is fit, I assume Les will start with the same line-up as Tuesday. If Goodi is out, my preference would be for Barnett rather than McLaren to start, although I'd be happier if the Jamaican is able to play.

Aldershot have managed to loan a young striker from Bristol City, more than we managed to bring in. They will give us an idea of what L2 football is like, my expectation is that there won't be a big gulf between the sides. Probably one goal will decide it, just hope that it's in our favour. I want to win this game because winning becomes a habit and not because of some hope of a big third round tie. If we do get through, more likely to get Plymouth away#-o

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
They will give us an idea of what L2 football is like

lol

this would seem a good oppertunity to play the likes of mahon, barnett, cresswell...

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Hopefully Goodi will be fit, but Ash Taylor has really impressed me in the last week or so. Obviously still buzzing from his first goal, he did a smashing job at the back after Goodi was substituted on Tuesday, but like Boz, still prefer Ian to be back there.

Aldershot will be a decent L2 side and yes they've added a couple of youngsters on loan from higher leagued clubs but don't expect them to make a major difference to their team just yet.

If we show the grit and detemrination, along with the skill and fitness shown on Tuesday, we should get the right result - not just on Saturday but throughout the season. Play up Rovers!!!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
i fancy us to win 2 1 and then fingers crossed for a good draw in the next round.

Mahon is still out injured so wont play tomorrow

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Mahon is out for a while I think.

Aldershot will provide a stern test. They are going well in division two and have had some good results so far, sitting just outside the play-off places. They play good football and if we aren't careful, they could catch us out.

No complacency here please Rovers, remember, we've already been knocked out by a division two team earlier in the season.

Team news:
Tranmere have doubts over striker Michael Ricketts (back) and defender Shay Logan (groin). Caretaker manager Les Parry has also revealed that Ian Goodison (back) is struggling to be fit to play.

Aldershot are able to include both their two midweek loan signings.
Bristol City striker Marlon Jackson's arrival on Wednesday was followed by Thursday's deadline day signing of Reading midfielder Oliver Bozanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.