• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Classic case of us seeing one very good performance and Swindon seeing the rest, remember McPake. Leave to Nigel
Different situation, as we had RHM play for us previously and do reasonably well, the Milton Keynes game being the high point. Swindon fans think he's inconsistent and injury prone. I would imagine he'd still be able to get a deal with someone in L2

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Classic case of us seeing one very good performance and Swindon seeing the rest, remember McPake. Leave to Nigel
it's also about, we seem never to play these types of players in their preferred positions or the tactics, shape, formation, doesn't suit them.
if I remember rightly, Hepburn -Murphy, never played in that role again!!!!

Reactions: Ian

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
it's also about, we seem never to play these types of players in their preferred positions or the tactics, shape, formation, doesn't suit them.
if I remember rightly, Hepburn -Murphy, never played in that role again!!!!
Can't recall what his best role was, inside forward or winger? CBT looked great two footed left winger but then just disappeared for matches on end. RHM only scored against the Dons in their two guises, remember that, nothing else. If Swindon have ditched him?

Ryan Taylor is “one of the leading candidates being looked at” by Morecambe for the manager’s job, according to BBC Merseyside’s Giulia Bould.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Joss Labadie on the bench for Solihull in the play off final.

Player
Manager
Yes and we will have sunny down town Bromley in L2 next season! They have been around for 132 years and this will be their first appearance in the Football League.
We have played them in the National league.
I was intrigued in the number of home grown talent that played from their academy.
be interesting to see how they do in L2.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Yes and we will have sunny down town Bromley in L2 next season! They have been around for 132 years and this will be their first appearance in the Football League.
I’m not unhappy. I’ve lost Sutton from my easy away trips but Bromley is even closer, probably my closest league club just ahead of Crawley and Gillingham. I’m hoping to see a lot more matches next season.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Josh Cogleys Bolton just about beat Martin Devaney’s Barnsley over two legs to get to the league one play off final.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Aaron Collins with their first goal assisted by Cogley
I remember Aaron. He was on loan to us from Wolves in our middle season in the NL. He made so much impression on Micky that despite our long injury list he failed to make the playoff final squad and instead played with the youth team in the famous win at Maidstone. He seems to have come on a bit since then.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Collins actually looked ok when he played here. He clearly had some potential and was one of the more 'senior' players to feature at Maidstone.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Player
Manager
He was youth team coach, as a assistant to Shaun Garnett, then Andy Parkinson.
He also was an academy coach, with the older boys, such as u15s, u16s mainly.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Elliot Nevitt limps off in extra time as Crewe have an impressive turnaround to beat Donny on penalties

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Surprised at Crewe progressing though didn't see any of the game. From a selfish perspective, hope the Franchise manage an even bigger turnaround and go on to win the final, as after the already promoted Wrexham and Stockport, they're probably third wealthiest L2 side.

Hope Nevitt is fit enough to feature in the final. Don't think he's signed a new deal at Crewe (yet) so will be interesting to see where he turns up next