• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Otis Khan signs a 2 year deal at newly promoted Grimsby

Ritchie Sutton has joined Nantwich Town as player coach.

And Micky is full of praise for McPake in the Scottish press today. Reckons he’ll be a top player but also, oddly, “we still have the same midfield as last season and if we didn’t then we would have tried to get Josh back again.”

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The Josh McPake we saw, wasn’t performing as well as when he was on loan at Harrogate. MMs remarks slightly strange, given the players we already had, why loan him at all?

On a separate note see Harvey Gilmour has signed a new deal with Halifax. Given how well he performed during his loan spell before we signed him permanently, thought he’d find a FL club.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
The Josh McPake we saw, wasn’t performing as well as when he was on loan at Harrogate. MMs remarks slightly strange, given the players we already had, why loan him at all?

On a separate note see Harvey Gilmour has signed a new deal with Halifax. Given how well he performed during his loan spell before we signed him permanently, thought he’d find a FL club.
Made up for Gilmour. Thought he was a really neat player - some lovely first time passes.
I think McPake could play higher in our league pyramid. Would have been interested to see how he developed with more time with us.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes, I agree. He was anonymous much of the time and his attitude did not seem great.
Yes I thought his attitude didn’t look great at times.

Re Gilmour I saw him in the play offs for Halifax and he’d filled out a bit and was still good technically. Hopefully he can get an FL move at some point.

Ben Tollit still looking for a club after he left fylde after a very good season there.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Norwoods link with Bristol rovers questionable after the Gas bring in John Marquis

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Norwoods link with Bristol rovers questionable after the Gas bring in John Marquis
Think it’s suggested that negotiations had broken down with Nors wanting a 2 year deal.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Think it’s suggested that negotiations had broken down with Nors wanting a 2 year deal.
Not a shock if true. Nors won’t have been in a good bargaining position with his fitness record in recent years plus off the field antics and that he’s 32 in September

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Sixth tier.. you can add him to the list of terrible signings.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Ben Tollitt is currently on trial at Hartlepool and played in their friendly today.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hope he can get an FL contract. I did wonder if we might take a punt on him given our need for another winger
Was one of the better players at Fylde last season apparently, yet not offered a new deal. Don’t know the ins and outs of it. Would be really surprised if he came back here but hope he can secure a new contract.