• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Nors at it again with a couple (so far), for Mickys Oldham tonight. Devarn Green, Liam Hogan and Dan Gardner also involved.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A hat trick for mullin today not really a surprise but George Ray getting one was!
A brace for Ollie banks too

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Norwood and Dieseruvwe both on the scoresheet but their sides lost.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Norwood and Dieseruvwe both on the scoresheet but their sides lost.
A strange one for Nors Oldham. They win away at Second place Barnet 4-1 midweek and today lose at home to Ebbsfleet 4-1 who were in the bottom four.
It’s a funny old game

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A strange one for Nors Oldham. They win away at Second place Barnet 4-1 midweek and today lose at home to Ebbsfleet 4-1 who were in the bottom four.
It’s a funny old game
Games they have been expected to win they have lost like today, not really got going yet under Micky

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Games they have been expected to win they have lost like today, not really got going yet under Micky
I think the length of Micky's contract suggests that all parties recognise it's not going to be a quick fix. See what happens in January, but think he'd be doing well getting Oldham into the play-offs this season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Blackett-Taylor earning a point for Charlton and Hockenhull on the score-sheet as Spennymoor lost 4-2. Maybe we should try Ben in the Luke Norris role...

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
My dad asked yesterday what Big Eric is up to these days. I haven't a clue what he has been doing since he left us a few seasons back. Nothing jumps out of Google. Can anybody help?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
My dad asked yesterday what Big Eric is up to these days. I haven't a clue what he has been doing since he left us a few seasons back. Nothing jumps out of Google. Can anybody help?
He works at Vauxhalls on the production line.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Mullin on Mellon… apologies if it’s already been posted:

I hadn’t seen this MH and it makes interesting reading. Would be curious to hear Micky’s take on Mullin.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Mullin got the same opportunities as Payne, Ferrier and others in his final season here, but just was not good enough for League One at the time unfortunately. Hence, he was rightly replaced by Vaughan.

In the previous season, Norwood and Jennings were deservedly ahead of him in the pecking order.

I assume he wants these headlines to flog his autobiography......

Pre-Mellon Mullin was a L2 drifter, post-Mellon Mullin won the L2 Golden Boot. Something must be behind that improvement.

As Mullin himself says, “I learned so much from Micky, about myself and about how I work best in a team. Inadvertently he made me mentally stronger than I’d ever been“. I suspect that was less inadvertent than he reckons. Nors and Cookie could each probably testify to that.

Mind you, for all Mullin’s new-found mental strength, he still ended up choosing easy money in non-league rather than grabbing his second chance to prove himself in L1.

I shan’t be buying the book! :D (Might get Muiry’s though).