• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers (3) v Forest Green (0)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Forest Green

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers (3) v Forest Green (0)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, November 11, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, November 11, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
As someone pointed out many fans followed a failed narrative, lauded players on first appearance only to realise they were duds but they are now screaming they know the truth and the remedies.
A dose of reality and humility would not be out of place, but the internet age makes it unlikely.
I can confidently state in the relegation season, the squad was completely doomed, even with one absent and two other clubs holed below the waterline. At this stage we were going through the motions with a forward you wouldn't take now 24 places lower!
The true worth of this squad is not known yet, that is clear, there maybe a considerable upside as obviously Nigel has not had time to get to the bottom of it.
The winter signings before Covid resulted in three away wins on the bounce and was enough to convince knowledgeable fans the drop was off. Today whatever happens we are weeks away from that stage.
Anyone losing their shit after another adverse result, will not help the club at all. We have a manager most competitors cannot even dream of getting, a Chair with a record of backing the manager in need and without using debt. There are no guarantees but that is not a bad equation.
For me if Norris plays 80% of the games left, we walk to safety. If he is mainly absent, I don't know.
I hope we win just to keep the morons at bay. Demands he sells the club are as stupid as spotty scally demanding he gets supermodel girlfriend to take home to the Woody. Demand only works with supply. A club in the grim north with 140 years of losses doesn't attract £10 million in charity much!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I hadn't realised top three are Stockport, Notts County & Wrexham. How depressing. I do not think the quality in this league is great but we have fallen quite considerably when you look at our pathetic position.

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Lovely day, hopefully supplemented by a win. I’m assuming McGee is fit and well. Some FGR fans feeling they’ve still got a capable side out despite their reported injury woes. Should go without saying that we need to be up for this from the start and keep them rattled. No pedestrians or passengers today. No gifting goals. Looking forward to this more than a lot of games of late, the steaks (sic) are high.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hopefully we can keep 11 players on the pitch today, as well as the full complement of subs!
Not hearing good things about Me Duckworth who’s the man in black today. First season on the FL list and (I think) first time in charge of a Rovers game.

• Wow
Reactions: Ian

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Lovely day, hopefully supplemented by a win. I’m assuming McGee is fit and well. Some FGR fans feeling they’ve still got a capable side out despite their reported injury woes. Should go without saying that we need to be up for this from the start and keep them rattled. No pedestrians or passengers today. No gifting goals. Looking forward to this more than a lot of games of late, the steaks (sic) are high.
As stated previously not much to worry about in the FGR side, and certainly didn't rate their defence when I saw them in October.
Just to add an exception - their number right-wing/midfielder looked super strong and pacey. Apart from that not much to write home about. Sticking with 3-1 home win.

Reactions: Ian

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Nigel has clearly been reading my comments on here!

Dennis and Norris start. Wood back in at LB.

Could be 4-4-2 with apter and Connor wide. Hendry walker in the middle.

But could be 4-3-3 with Norris thru the middle, apter and Dennis either side (but both left footed).

ADD

Player
Norwood
Interesting no Jolley on bench. Taylor fully fit again now? Belehouan on bench. Feeling positive.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
No Merrie on the bench either, after Adkins singing his praises in the pre-match, maybe one of the players with niggles Nigel mentioned. As Lewis out too, who gets the defensive midfield gig when Walker tires? Pleased we get to see Norris and Dennis start, though until the whistle blows don’t know if 2 up front or3

FGR have Deeney starting and ex loanee Jacob Maddox. Given all the injuries pre-match referenced it doesn’t sound that weak a side.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Half time and we lead. As you would expect it’s been a scrappy affair. FGR have probably played better football but crucially we’re winning.

Could really do with a second goal.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah. FGR finishing the stronger. Definitely need a second. Hopefully we see more of Norris and Dennis second half.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It is 2 up top. Norris done a few good things outside the box, would rather he’d been inside more. Dennis very quiet. Rovers haven’t built on the early goal. One very good save from McGee and a lot of FGR possession in our half in the closing minutes. I think we should revert back to leaving a player up (Apter) for their corners.

Seemed to be a lot of protests about the goal from the visitors. Anyone see what that was about?

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
When was the last time we scored 3 in back to back games get Norris one now pls come on tge whites

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Norris off injured…straight down the tunnel.

Saunders on