• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers 3 Shakers 0

drwhoman

SHAKERS

I am sure Liverpool would love a guy who can put the ball in the net regularly!! Not saying Jake is the man or indeed Andy Carroll who many Reds now seem to love despite his lack of goals last season. Having a regular goalscorer is fantastic! If this goes on - how do we keep hold of Jake, Ben Gibson and Liam Palmer come January?
Crawley will be tough but who knows? They must have money behind them to do as well as they have done. From nowhere to Division One in only a few years. Would take a draw.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Goody could fill in for gibbo, palmer would be replaceable with a loanee, but cass is another issue...

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am not sure Goody can fill in for Gibson to be honest. He hasn't got the pace of Gibson and perhaps not even the same understanding with Ash, as the partnership of those two has been outstanding so far.

Not questioning Goodison's abilities as a player, even at 40, but Gibson and Taylor have given us something different at the back.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Regarding the gate, I thought it was actually a great crowd. We had two games in a week and were competing with Real Madrid v Man City, added to which Bury only brought 250 fans. Under Les we would have been barely scraping 4,000 in those circumstances.

The gates are definitely creeping upwards, albeit by hundreds rather than thousands.

I'm not sure that the televised Champions League game was that big a factor in last night's gate, economic factors were probably much more significant. While Bury brought 400 less than Coventry, that means about 700 fewer Rovers fans through the turnstiles. Personally, given the cheapest price category coupled with the quality of football from Rovers, I still feel it's slightly disappointing.

On Cassidy, he is doing a lot work more outside the box this season, while still getting the goals. He'll be missed when (if?) he goes in January

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Cassidy will be a huge miss, no question.

Regarding gates, i nearly fell of my chair when I was talking to my brother tonight. He said he was thinking of coming to Prenton Park to watch a game. Bearing in mind, he doesn't really like football and hadn't been to PP for years, the boys in white are certainly making waves on the Wirral.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I'm not sure that the televised Champions League game was that big a factor in last night's gate, economic factors were probably much more significant. While Bury brought 400 less than Coventry, that means about 700 fewer Rovers fans through the turnstiles. Personally, given the cheapest price category coupled with the quality of football from Rovers, I still feel it's slightly disappointing.

On Cassidy, he is doing a lot work more outside the box this season, while still getting the goals. He'll be missed when (if?) he goes in January

I think the Coventry game was always going to be much more attractive to the casual fan, so I was actually pleasantly surprised with the gate last night. Seriously, I think we would have got 4,200 last season under Les.

Agree completely about Cassidy. While Akpro played well last night, he has missed a few decent chances in the last couple of games; given his previous goalscoring record, it seems we are going to be pretty reliant on Jake to supply the goals on a regular basis.