• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers 2 Portsmouth 2

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I think we have to accept that was always going to be the case with the way that RM has assembled the squad. But now that we're in this position, i really think it would be an investment for PJ to push the boat out to ensure that we maintain our place in the automatic promotion spots. The reality of the situation is that we may not be in this position again for another 10+ years, and a Championship club would be a lot easier for him to sell, especially off the back of the Ingleborough deal.

I think he owes it to himself to sign out on a high too, regardless of what people think of him. He's worked hard for this club and was there when it mattered. I've always backed his lack of 'investment' (read: gambling) when it looked like the club wasn't really going anywhere, but January could make or break a huge moment for TRFC and I'm hoping he'll step up and commit to investing with a view that promotion could be a very real possibility.

Player
Liam Palmer
Actually, I noticed some Scottish bloke shouting positive things towards our players in the JK while everyone was moaning about Harrison; wondered if it was TT64, being as positivity and Scottishness are the two things I associate with him most. Half-way line, 3/4 of the way up?

That's me. Actually there's two of us. I go to support the team. I'll have a pop at them at the end if they have been garbage, but I always turn up with a bit of fire in my belly and get right behind them.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
While I was irritated with the visiting support(which show's they were doing a job), almost all travelling fans churn out the scouse cliches. Unsure why RLC was so strong in his criticism?

I thought their abuse was almost incessant throughout the match and was clearly linked to their 'big club fallen on hard times' inferiority complex.

Or maybe it was having those songs set to such a dire musical accompaniment that particulalrly irritated me.

I am not sure I agree that they looked the more likely winners in the second half. We created the better chances throughout the game, but the play became ridiculously stretched after their second equaliser as we had to push for a winner and they were able to counter attack at will. I agree that this was probably partly down to Harrison's ineffectiveness.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think we have to accept that was always going to be the case with the way that RM has assembled the squad. But now that we're in this position, i really think it would be an investment for PJ to push the boat out to ensure that we maintain our place in the automatic promotion spots. The reality of the situation is that we may not be in this position again for another 10+ years, and a Championship club would be a lot easier for him to sell, especially off the back of the Ingleborough deal.

I think he owes it to himself to sign out on a high too, regardless of what people think of him. He's worked hard for this club and was there when it mattered. I've always backed his lack of 'investment' (read: gambling) when it looked like the club wasn't really going anywhere, but January could make or break a huge moment for TRFC and I'm hoping he'll step up and commit to investing with a view that promotion could be a very real possibility.

I agree, but I suppose it all depends on how PJ would define 'pushing the boat out'. We have already had a number of unexpected loans this season (Golobart, Ecclestone, Daniels) which Johnson may consider to be stretching generosity far enough already. If that is the case, it is unlikely we will be making any significant signings in January, although I agree that we need to.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
That's me. Actually there's two of us. I go to support the team. I'll have a pop at them at the end if they have been garbage, but I always turn up with a bit of fire in my belly and get right behind them.

Good man

DIW

Player
Goodison
Yeah I agree. I remember looking at the BBC stats at half time and they suggested that we had battered them for the first half which wasn't exactly the case.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I find it interesting how we all view games differently. I thought we had one of the best first 45 at home for quite some time.

Completely agree with SonkORLY's view on making signings in Jan. I think it will make or break the rest of the season. This is such a crucial time.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Thoroughly enjoyed the game, very entertaining, shame about the result.

Thought Zoum was immense, best I've seen him play in a Rovers shirt: composed on the ball, great tackling, willing to get forward. Great all round full back and a real asset.

McGurk is growing in confidence despite getting a rough deal from some portions of the crowd. As someone said, a bit predictable but I'll always favour a player who's willing to take someone on and most importantly, try their luck on goal. Surprised when he was taken off, did he pick up a knock? I thought O'hallorahan for Stockton was the obvious change to make.

We missed Wallace and Bell-Baggie today, too many balls punted forward from our third without anyone to hold them up. I don't really rate Bell-Baggie that much, lots of activity with little end result but I could see where he could have done a job for us on Saturday.

Goodi's not the player he was but still more than capable of doing a job for us, crucial tackle in the box towards the end to keep us in it (take a look at the highlights).

Disappointing but we're STILL TOP! Need a win.