• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers 1-1 Posh

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
First half we started well. Barnett scored a good goal, pleased for him. Then we kinda lost it a bit. Allowed Peterborough back in it with what looked like lacklustre defending.

P'boro scared us in the first 20 mins of the second half with their numerous shots on goal. Some saved well by Achterberg, we were lucky to get through that period unscathed.

Last 20 mins we plugged away a bit more, but it wasn't to be. Was it a handball towards the end of the match? And why was the goal disallowed?

Awful refereeing tonight.

I thought we did well to get a draw to be honest. Posh played well. They are a hard working side and I thought the game was good to watch. Had a good pace about it.

I'd say overall our performance let us down. We really have to win these home games, and that's two points down already. MK Don's next, I'm not that confident.

Sonko was awful again, Shuker was just as bad as his replacement. Moore played too deep, Savage drifted out wide again... Kay is wasted in defence. Good to see Achterberg back between the sticks though.

Too much hoofing and panicking in the second half. I get really frustrated with aimless balls played up front. They just didn't pass it round like they did in the first 20 mins when we looked to have Peterborough on the back foot.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Saturday as that really is a "must win" game.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We still can't get any consistency. Looking at the stats we were lucky to get a draw. Did we really have just one shot on target? I see Crewe won at Southend tonight. That make our performance last week look a lot worse. Just when we get to within two or three points of the play-off zone, we seem to go off the boil. This has been a season of lost opportunities.

Player
Liam Palmer
Spot on analysis of the game. I'm not sure I can be too critical of the team though. We don't have the luxury of being able to bring on any more than one sub at present, so room to change things about is limited. Our small squad is toiling with 2 games a week.

It was a good game, I thought. I'd have liked some more tempo from us but Posh are a good side, best I've seen apart from Millwall (and we were bad that day). Still don't know why our 'winner' was chalked off.

As the season runs in, we're going to get crazy scores all over the shop (Hereford beating Leeds). We just have to keep competitive and hope for the best in the final month.

Keep the faith, boys and girls!