• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers 0 Walsall 0

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Sonkorly, agree with you to a degree but Crawley drew with walsall on saturday

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
If there was ever a case for full on, Chinese government style censorship of the internet, Amplesou is it.

Code:
I'd take anything amplesou says with a pinch of salt. He's been a stay at home supporters for years,
 never mind the last month. And when he does go, he doesn't stick around for 90 minutes. Lol
True by the way..but i,ve been to every home game this season except the mk and walsall games !

Come on guys ..

we all intiled to our 10 pence worth

Loved the last couple of months ..been great ,but the frustration of lack of finance for a decent number of players even todo a moderate job in league one is so disapointing...recent lone signing have been rubbish which has,nt helped.

Sooner we get to the 50 point mark the better..imo!

DIW

Player
Goodison
You are intiled (???) to your opinion. Personally I think you talk a lot of ****.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It sounds like I should be grateful that a bug kept me away from PP last night, although as a season ticket holder, presume I'll be deemed to have been attending. The turnout was disappointing, but given how low it was, those booing must have been amongst the regulars rather than johnny-come lately's?

I think there has to be a distinction drawn between losing at home to Franchise, who are unquestionably one of the favourites to go up and failing to beat a struggling Walsall side, yet who probably had the better first half and the better chances. It will be interesting to see what lessons Ronnie has learnt from this.

I don't feel that slating Robinson, who has been one of our better players this season(arguably better than Wallace) is fair, although he has lost his way a bit recently. Eccleston looked disinterested in his last appearance and I'm doubtful he'd have been a game-changer last night. I don't mind Ash Taylor having a go at McGurk; at least he cares, which is better than Adam's apparent indifference. It doesn't sound like we'll be loaning anyone of quality before the loan window shuts, so time for the manager to show what he's made of.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Sonkorly, agree with you to a degree but Crawley drew with walsall on saturday

MK Dons also got battered at third bottom Shrewsbury and were thankful for a 90th minute equaliser; Sheff Utd drew at home to Crewe, conceding three. Top teams will always stupidly drop points against struggling sides. My major concern is not last night's result particularly, more the general decline in the standard of our home performances irrespective of the opposition (away we are still solid, despite the missing players).

With a couple of key players and a bit of confidence back I think results can be turned round pretty quickly, but you do get the feeling the players are more anxious about playing at PP than away from home.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
MK Dons also got battered at third bottom Shrewsbury and were thankful for a 90th minute equaliser; Sheff Utd drew at home to Crewe, conceding three.

But you can kinda overlook a draw away at a struggling club/draw at home to a mid-table team. Well, I suppose Walsall are kinda mid-table but I think Crewe are better and this performance wasn't a one off. Despite being the highest scoring team in the league, and on our own pitch, we failed to score past a defence which previously hadn't kept a clean sheet in 18 games. We didn't even test them tbh.

Player
Manager
John King
But you can kinda overlook a draw away at a struggling club/draw at home to a mid-table team. Well, I suppose Walsall are kinda mid-table but I think Crewe are better and this performance wasn't a one off. Despite being the highest scoring team in the league, and on our own pitch, we failed to score past a defence which previously hadn't kept a clean sheet in 18 games. We didn't even test them tbh.

Walsall have been above Crewe all season until the last week or so. Sheffield United have drawn as many at home as they have won this season, including several games against mid / lower table sides.

The performance on Tuesday may have been similar to the previous couple of home games, but the result wasn't; this was the first home banker we had failed to win this season. In our last two away matches at struggling sides we picked up six points.

To win promotion we need 90 points, to get in the play offs we need 75, exactly how we get them is irrelevant.

We just need to keep a little perspective.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
To win promotion we need 90 points, to get in the play offs we need 75, exactly how we get them is irrelevant.

It's relevant when I pay £20 to watch us draw with Walsall. Like a lot of fans I only really make it to the home games.

Player
Manager
John King
I take your point. You were a bit unlucky to miss so many of our scintillating home displays earlier in the season. :-(

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I know it's really annoying. I caught a fair few games but missed a job lot when we were battering everyone.

General point though is that home form will always be over-scrutinised because those are the games that the vast majority of us pay to see; and to that end, the over-scrutiny is arguably justified.