• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rotherham vs. Tranmere Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Morrisey
I can see a win here and it might be quite a comfortable one. It will be good to see how sharps and Facey are doing and I am sure that Mullin, Stockdale and McClaren will excell in this game. Anoher cleran sheet and more goals from midfield.

3-0. Mullin Greenacre and Ellison.

Ally

Player
Aldo
I'll be making the short trip from south central Sheffield to what is, arguably, one of the country's most unpleasant towns. I too fancy us to get a result, and both teams should be up for it. Looking forward to seeing if we can maintain our winning momentum away from home as well as at PP. If we can, it could be an excellent year.

I'm going for a well deserved 2-1 win for the SWA, with a 2nd half wonder goal winner from Stockdale. Controversial I know, but one our defenders is due a goal.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Hey you might be right Ally as Robbie seems to be growing in confidence every match and does seem to be getting forward.

I really hope Rotherham don't end up being our bogey team this season. They're gonna fight for every point to claw back the 10 they lost at the beginning of the season. But we should come away from this and the Northampton game with 6 points!

2-0 Tranmere, Shuker to get one of them, he so deserves one on the net!

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
I will be there tommorow. looking forward to it. Finishing two hours eairler to beat the traffic :lol:

Anybody else from the Wirral making their way there?

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I will as always be in the match chat area from just before kick off if anyone else is around!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes i'll be in the match chat too... hoping for something similar to friday. :-D I will be going to Northampton as that is one of the closer games to me. I don't think this will be as easy as everyone thinks, but we should be aiming for a win. Don't forget Rotherham would actually have 7pts if it wasn't for the deduction. A draw wouldn't be disaster but like I said we should be aiming to win again!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Touch and go as to whether I'll make the game. Think this could end up a draw, say 1-1. Think both Facey, who Ronnie doesn't rate and Ian Sharps, whose departure has never been adequately explained have something to prove. McLaren, who was never rated by the Rotherham fans likewise for us.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I agree with Boz. 1-1 seems about right. Let's not get carried away. I think Facey, Sharps and the other Rotherham players will be really up for it. The squad's now wafer thin. One more injury or sending off and the kids will be on the bench. How we've done so well with nine new players I can't explain. The spirit's fantastic.

But it would be great if we could win at Rotherham and Northampton. When's the last time we won three away games on the bounce?

Pete SWA!

travelling to the match this afternoon cant wait have a really good feeling about tonights match i'm stickin my neck on the line going 4-1 ! with McReedy first goal, he gets in some really good positions from our set pieces (i.e. 2 at stockport 1 dissalowed) so close again at chesterfield.

lets bring 3 points home and keep forrest under pressure!

=D> SWA !! SWA !!=D>

Player
Morrisey
Sherrif scoring first in a 3-0 win is 430/1. Not bad odds really. I am contemplating putting a tenner on.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Never going to happen though, so take those odds at your peril :lol:

Its all about the ex-Rotherham players methinks, Mullin and McLaren to hopefully boss midfield and I fancy Taylor to get on the scoresheet after his top performance on Friday. Hopefully enough to give us 3 pts.

Player
Morrisey
Well with such long odds it is never going to be a cert. But I think that sherrif from a set piece early on could set us on our way. This season we seem to be the kind of team who once we have scored we continue to plug away and use the confidence form the first goal to get more rather than Bl making us sit back and defend a lead even for 89 minutes of a game.

B

Banana Army

Meh, were never going to keep Will Hoskins out! 2-1 to us, with McCready(looks good in the air for corners) and Ellison (proving us he isnt quite so retarded!)

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Can't see it being 4-0 somehow.

Team: Ward, Stockdale, McCready, Goodison, Sherriff, Shuker, Mclaren, Mullin, Ellison, Taylor, Greenacre.

Subs: Achterberg, Tremarco, Jennings, Zola, Davies.

B

Banana Army

I'm gunna say 2-1 to rotherbum at 1/2 time with hoskins and Williamson for them and Ellison for us!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
haha... very good. Time of the post rather gave it away. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.