• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

question for bolton_hater

S

Seanyb

Every Tranmere fan does! We used to be old rivals and then they kind of got better... and our now in the premiership.... but we still hate Bolton.

I dunno where the rivalery originates. I remember we denied Bolton getting a record 100 points when we scored last minute to make the game 2-2. Also Aldo shouted at all the Bolton fans 'your going up, but coming straight back down!'

Thats as far as i remember, maybe some of the old guns can explain the origin of this rivalery?

C

ChiefRich

Think there was Wembley 91 when Chrissy Malkin slotted home the goal against them to send us up to Division 2 (as it then was).

The main modern cause I think is the repeated moaning of Sam Allardyce during the semi-finals in Worthington Cup 2000 when he went on and on about the use of towels for drying the ball before Dave Challinor used to take throw ins.

Then the 100 points thing.

Personally, when I was younger I always used to get pissed off on Granada Goals extra when they always showed Bolton for hours and never showed us, even though we were always more entertaining.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
My missus is from Bolton :shock:

It's OK though, she supports Man U :wink:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
well...Tranmere hate bolton, I hate bolton, therefore...BOLTON_HATER!

It all started when Tranmre beat bolton iin the play-offs and we stopped them getting 100 points in 1998 when we scored on the last min.

plus, theyre SCUM!

M

Matthew The Rover

Plus more recently, after we beat them in the F.A. Cup 3rd Round Replay, Fat Sam claimed he had meant to lose, even though his side equalised in the 90th minute to take the game to extra time. No problem with that, as Iain Hume scored the best goal of his career.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
ChiefRich said:
Think there was Wembley 91 when Chrissy Malkin slotted home the goal against them to send us up to Division 2 (as it then was).

The main modern cause I think is the repeated moaning of Sam Allardyce during the semi-finals in Worthington Cup 2000 when he went on and on about the use of towels for drying the ball before Dave Challinor used to take throw ins.

Then the 100 points thing.

Well explained.

Although you could add at the start that - generally it's the fact that they are local, as in not far to travel, combined with the fact that us and them have spent a great many seasons in the same division as one another, dating right back to old third and fourth division days as well as the more modern times especially 91 onwards.

bolton_hater said:
plus, theyre SCUM!

THAT I agree with.

C

ChiefRich

Oh yes I forgot about their pathetic little "don't turn up and use the changing room" thing. Don't know if anyone remembers that game, but Bolton put together about the worst performance ever and scraped a 1-0 win in the 89th. Think they went up and we went down that year.

"Smash and grab"? Sounds like the way they play of course.

El Hadji Diouf in the news again for the wrong reasons. That particular person sums up everything that is wrong with football. And surprisingly enough he is at Bolton.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
2 other things we should also never forget.

The crybaby Phil Neal...

And also, they had a supermarket in the corner of their ground! Haha...

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

We are all bolton_haters its just he has got there with that username before anyone else. Every Tranmere fan hates Bolton

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Matthew The Rover said:
Plus more recently, after we beat them in the F.A. Cup 3rd Round Replay, Fat Sam claimed he had meant to lose, even though his side equalised in the 90th minute to take the game to extra time.

they meant to lose??? why did they go absolutley mad when thjey scoerd, if it werenkt serous aboutit, why did they go crazy whenthy equalised and runover to us and their players were jumping all over each other.

Stupid Sam!!!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Yeah we hate Bolton scum bags :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: