• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Friendly Pre season Friendly

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Vauxhalls have announced we are playing them at their ground on Saturday 8th July.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I may have said this before but back when Brabin was manager me and my lad were walking away from Vauxhalls m down the country lanes when Mark Palios drove past in his Audi Q5, stopped and offered us a lift to the main road as it can be a bit dangerous on those roads. Nice of him to do it

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Being three weeks before the start of the season, it will be two elevens, a mix of youth and pros.
Not unusual in the pre season.
Hopefully, we will get someone a bit higher in the football pyramid!
And probably no cash injection from a Liverpool friendly, unless it against the Liverpool Ladies! (Well, they are premier, and would give us a game! Ha!)

At the last Q&A Nicola P mentioned the club was exploring the possibility of a pre season tour of Ireland.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
At the last Q&A Nicola P mentioned the club was exploring the possibility of a pre season tour of Ireland.
Pre-season tours used to be the norm a while back, even in Micky’s early days.

We have had a lot of decent Irish internationals over the years. I can remember Peter Farrell and Tommy Eglington. David Kelly and Alan Mahon too. Our greatest of course was John Aldridge. Even now, we have two full Irish internationals on our books in Joe Murphy and Lee O’Connor.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Pre-season tours used to be the norm a while back, even in Micky’s early days.

We have had a lot of decent Irish internationals over the years. I can remember Peter Farrell and Tommy Eglington. David Kelly and Alan Mahon too. Our greatest of course was John Aldridge. Even now, we have two full Irish internationals on our books in Joe Murphy and Lee O’Connor.
More links than IOM? Although Kelly may have some roots there?

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Geoff Hughes to give a .mention to one of our recent decent.midfielders.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Peter Farrell was player manager BBTC?
Farrell was p/m when I first saw Rovers. He and Eggo came as a pair. They must have been best mates as they played together for five teams. Three were Shamrock Rovers, Everton and Rovers. Curiously, they also played for both Northern Ireland and the Republic interchangeably, as was allowed just after WW2. Both were decent players and very popular.