• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Pre Season Friendlies

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I see we've added Bolton to the list of Friendlies pre season.

That should be a corker! might even travel over for that one!!!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yeah some good friendlies there. I may catch the Stoke and Vauxhall Motors ones. Would have seen the Bolton one but already got tickets for Arctic Monkeys at Manchester Cricket ground.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
you lucky bugger joe. can get to all the home ones myself. looking forward to the bolton one though, that should be a cracker.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah excellent regarding the Bolton game. It's my birthday that day so should be a good one. Do we still hate them? Even though Fat Sam has gone? Oh yes!!!:twisted:

The other games are local enough so might get to 1 or 2 so all in all a decent programme to warm up for hopefully a good season! Thats what its all about - preparing for a long old slog to hopefully the gold at the end of the rainbow come May.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
May have to buy you a beer Scoop!

Cow Shed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
If we had mellowed towards them at all perhaps this will rectify that!!

Bolton Wanderers will visit Tranmere Rovers on 28th July as part of their pre-season preparations. For those who don`t know the place, Tranmere is a suburb of Birkenhead and is similar in appearance to post-invasion Iraq, but the natives aren`t as friendly and their grasp of the English language isn`t as good.

Rovers had yet another poor season, failing miserably to make the play offs and the game is an effort to inject some much needed glamour into a deprived area. Plans to clean up the neighbourhood, which include removing the tramps that sleep on the town hall steps, have already been drawn up.

Bolton fans were puzzled as to why the club have chosen to play in a part of the world that makes Blackburn seem classy, but a spokesman at the
Reebok was unapologetic.

"It`s mainly for the benefit of our younger players," he explained, "we want them to know that if they don`t make it with us, they`ll end up playing at a dump like Prenton Park all the time.

"Apart from that, the team coach needs new hub caps, and this is as good a way as any of getting rid of the old ones."

See:

http://www.bolton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=66690

Nice gentle pre-season friendly then eh?

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Bloody Tossers!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh the wankers!

Player
Liam Palmer
At least we don't have to watch our home games in a retail park in Horwich.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Any more motivating talks from the w**kers? I'm right up for this one now! And Nomur, I'll kindly accept that beer mate :wink: you really coming over? Need to meet up as I missed ya last time

Player
Morrisey
I must say that I am slightly puzzled as to why a team like Bolton's fans who are in the UEFA Cup need to take time out from their lives to try to diminish a club like Tranmere. I think that if any rivalry was dead it has certainly been resurrected by them. There will be some banter between the fans but I cannot see the players getting motivated for a game like this if they cant even get motivated for a game to put us in the playoffs or a game to put us top of the table.

Player
Goodison
it would be typical tranmere, beating bolton and not swansea

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Don't forget it is only a friendly, no matter what has gone on in the past.. These games are to get fitness levels back up, who cares about the result of a friendly.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Any more motivating talks from the w**kers? I'm right up for this one now! And Nomur, I'll kindly accept that beer mate :wink: you really coming over? Need to meet up as I missed ya last time

Yes mate if I can manage it. I've always said I should get over a bit more. And I wouldn't mind seeing them pre-season to have a look at anything new we have acquired.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yes mate if I can manage it. I've always said I should get over a bit more. And I wouldn't mind seeing them pre-season to have a look at anything new we have acquired.

Sound, get checking Ryanair then matey! And let me know the outcome.