• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Possible signing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foz

Player
Terry Gornell

He plays for Liberty in the Ghana league. He won the U-20 World Cup last year (one sub appearance but realisitically if he was a regular he would be out of our price range/gone already). He's really good... In simple terms he would be a similar player to Ian Hume kind of quick small goalscoring dribbler with a potential to play a bit deeper if required. Would be cheap in wages and transfer fee. Work permit could be appealed on grounds of being a special talent. Really hope we go for him or an equivalent.

I'm really happy with Les. He has impressed me. Such a shame about the Wycombe game.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
We are talking about Ghana finances here. good league players can be sold for less than 100k! wages no more than 5k. Tranmere can afford that surely!
NO we are not talking about Ghana finances here. We're talking Tranmere finances here... and Tranmere have NO money. NONE. ZERO. ZIP. NADA.

We have the physio in charge, can't afford a manager, have less players in the squad than your average sunday league side, had a whip around the die hard fans and raised 10k.

HOW on god's green earth would we pull 100k out of a hat for an unknown?

Foz

Player
Terry Gornell

:lol: Ok mate when you put it like that it is pretty funny. I knew about the whip round issue but I thought if we stayed up we could manage some sort of small fee for a key player. He wouldn't be unkown. I would guarantee him being too good for league one!

I take your point on the money situation. I knew we didn't have much cash but I didn't understand (I don't live in the area) that even if we stay up we are so broke we can't buy a player for between 50k-100k.

Just as well we have a decent youth setup!

Still I hope someone at the club has seen this tip. He is definitely worth getting if we mange to come into some money.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
if we come into any money for some reason it will plug the holes created by yearly operating losses in excess of £1m

Foz

Player
Terry Gornell

Man we have real issues financially.:-( Ah well thats why its good to have forums like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.