• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Possible New Managers (If Little Goes)

evo_trfc

Posiible Managers who would take the reigns

Neale Cooper Has resigned as manager of Gillingham. Wouldnt mind seeing him as manager. Brilliant for Hartlepool not good for gillingham.

Jason Macateer

Any Others?
George Burley

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Well you said it yourslef, Neale Cooper hasn't done well for the Gills so would definitely NOT like him at Prenton.

George Burley simply wouldn't come near Tranmere the state we're in at the moment and the position he is in after guiding Hearts superbly.

Other candidates - the usual ones I'd personally like us to aviod like Jimmy Harvey (get well soon legend), Ronnie Moore, Roy McFarland...

It would for me have to be an experienced manager with good credentials but out-of-work, now there are hundreds of managers out of work but I can't think right now, espeically of any good ones!!!

M

Matthew The Rover

Hope Brian doesn't go yet, but if we must discuss candidates:

Neale Cooper (would like him)
Mark Wright (not top of the list I must say!)
Ian Rush (ditto to Wright, but could get the job God forbid!)
Jason McAteer (unsure about his talent)
David Kelly (my number one choice)
TNS Manager (have heard his name branded around, sounds good)

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Jimmy Harvey and Ronnie Moore are top of my list.

Are there any Everton centre backs due to retire? :D

B

Banana Army

I say Ken McKenna was a good call. Ex Player so would arise passion in the squad and could conceivably come to us and most importantly, is a good manager.

DixieDean

SCooperSomersaults said:
It would for me have to be an experienced manager with good credentials but out-of-work,

isn't that Brian Little from a couple of years ago?

I'd rather take my chances with the likes of Mark Wright or Ned Kelly.

Player
Morrisey
Some one like 'Ned' would work wonders at PP!

I have a feeling that BL wont go! He will have been given an ultimtum!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'd have to say that 2 of the choices people have said in David Kelly and Ronnie Moore just won't happen. Although Ken McKenna is a good call definitely.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
i am not sure about mark wright, i suppsoe i wouldnt complain, id give him a chance but i dont see him as a manger to take a team to the championship.

J

JD

Has he been sacked yet ....... or are you all hoping?

We've been woeful this season, but I think as long as the guy is at the helm, he deserves some respect and dignity. I don't think a new manager will solve our problems i.e. for all the money we've generated and players we've lost, we only seem to be able to bring in average loan signings .... hooorah!

He is getting no support from the board - who I think should at least have the common courtesy to either back him or sack him.

Having said all that - and - in all honesty I think after todays events there seems little way forward other than for him to go, however that would fill me with no optimism, who would want the job after the way he has been treated today? and his predecessors before him?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The board have given Little support by telling him there is money available for players. Lorraine's slant on all this of course is that she's just being open and honest with the supporters.

The problem we have of course is that we can all read a million things into this. We dont really know what's going on behind the scenes.

Little has got the next few games to turn things around IMO.

B

Banana Army

Ian said:
Little has got the next few games to turn things around IMO.

In all honesty i believe he has to buy or loan at least 2 players by the end of next week and get a resukt in ne game or he's out.

I back rogers in this argument im afraid. Shes been open with the fans and makes a good oint that managers always express their frustrations so why shouldnt the board. However this could be a problem also. If this stage is overcome by Brian, then what will happen. She's almost admitted theres a rift between board and manager. Will this end up as a contributing factor to the end of Brian in January whether this satge is overcome or not?

J

JD

She has been 'open' when it has suited her. I guess there are only a priveleged few who know what is actually going on.

My view is that the signings of Aiston, Wilson, Summerbee, Bruce & Facey are not signings which indicate there has been an abundance of cash avalable - either for purchases or wages. Unless of course they were always BL's absolute no. 1 chhoices, which I very much doubt.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Martin O'neil only messing we have no chance of getting him! I wouldnt have Mark Wright I feel hes just like Watson

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
JD said:
Has he been sacked yet ....... or are you all hoping?

Well let's look at the quotes:

Lorraine Rogers said:
we have ... money to spend. We are under performing and it can't be allowed to continue.

Brian Little said:
My job to pick a winning team.

If your job is to do one thing and you do the opposite, do you keep your job?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
if it persists then no.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
For a clear, proven ability to spot talent I think my vote has got to go to Gray. :lol:

:roll:

Player
Morrisey
For the proof that he can run a tight ship and successful website I think that Ian is the man to turn the club around!! LOL