• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Possible Loan Signing...

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Ronnie confirmed today that Lorraine has said he can go out and get a loan player in when he needs one. This could well be before Friday's game if McCready doesn't make it. Ronnie doesn't want to go to Swansea with just four defenders incase one picks up a knock. He said he wants an experienced Premiership or Championship defender who is out of favour but can come in and make us a better team.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes Joe, I mentioned this in the post match thread whilst listening to Ronnie post match conference. I think it's good news. He obviously feels insecure about the current back four. Get McCready back in, not a problem, but Goodison and Sherriff in the centre don't seem to work well together.

I'd be dubious having that defence going into the Swansea game. If we conceded 2 against Bradford, I can see a similar pattern forming on Friday.

However, if they play to their ability, pass the ball around, all work hard for each other, we may not find ourselves in that position. It would be nice to have a good first half and go in a goal up.