• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Port Vale

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
What's going on at Port Vale then? They were awful both times we played them last year and weren't tipped for any great success this year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/5175922.stm

But 4 games in and they're unbeaten with wins over Oldham, Chesterfield and Preston NE?

The league table is already taking shape this year, with the 'usual suspects' all in the top ten, but what are PV doing up there? :?

Funny old game.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It is a funny old game! But.. I dont think they'll sustain it. Injuries and such will come into play as the season progresses. Yes, they've had a great start but do they have the strength to keep it up for the whole season..

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

It is a funny old game! But.. I dont think they'll sustain it. Injuries and such will come into play as the season progresses. Yes, they've had a great start but do they have the strength to keep it up for the whole season..

Yeah I agree Ian. Theres always one team that come off the blocks dead fast and then completely lose it and fade to the bottom half of the table and believe this is Port Vale this year but you never know with football nowerdays.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, they lost at the weekend ;)

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think that they have relied on their strikers a bit too much and once they don't score they struggle like Saturday... Any team that is going to sustain a promotion challenge needs goals coming from the midfield or defence at times when the strikers aren't doing it.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Well, they lost at the weekend ;)

I know, I hoped my post would put some sort of curse on them!

With any luck they'll be one less team for us to worry about come the business end of the season. If you look at the table it's already starting to take shape with the exception of Swansea and Donny who you would expect to be challenging but are stuck mid-table at the moment.

What are peoples opinions on who will do well this year? As I see it there are a lot of teams that will be really challenging come the end of the season (Forest, Bradford, Us, Brentford, Huddersfield, Swansea, Donny). I think it's going to be very, very tight this year for promotion.

B

Banana Army

Last year Constantine didn't look like he could hit a barn door from 6 yards. He wasted around 4 good opportunities in the game at vale park against us last year!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think you can include Bristol City in your teams fighting for promotion... heard they were very impressive last night with 10 men.

Player
Morrisey
They put in a good performance, but Northampton didn't show up and I dont think that they will trouble us.