• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Players Released.....

favo94

Player
Was ian sharps
i have heard that Macateer, Ward and Harrison are being released...im i correct???? no news on web site so not totally sure i am correct... is there anymore being let go? The three players mentioned will not be missed one little bit, macateer has been rubbish since he came, his wage will allow us to bring in a few new faces

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Where did you hear this? I have heard nothing at all. They were to announce last Friday who was staying and who was going but as yet they've heard nothing.

I'd be happy if this is in fact true though.

Player
Morrisey
Radio City have been banding around these stories but with out confirmation I am going to take them with a pinch of salt. I get the feeling that we will all have to wait for the final edition of the season review to be published on the site befor we hear any news. :twisted:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Nothing official, but I'm sure as is the case with most media stories, they are educated guesses. All are out of contract, and all have no playing future at PP. It's most likely turn out to be the case, but nothing official yet.

Player
Goodison
They dont know what their doing, Moore hasnt had anybody lined up hes clueless he talks a good game but he produces nothing#-o. How many times last season did he say we were going to play attractive football? And how many times did we than go and hoof it to Taylor? How many times did he say he would give the young lads a go? And how many times did mcateer then appear? It took him till the last game of the season to give Curran a go - thats pathetic. He should have had a game in January or February when there was still something to play for, he had been scoring goals all season in the reserves, not in the last 2 months!!!!! :twisted:

The players we wanted to release should have been released straight after the Brentford game. Not lingering around and not allowing the team to move on to next season.](*,)

Player
Liam Palmer
Just back from the Forest v Yeovil game. Let's sign the entire Glovers squad - hate to bum up another team - but quite the most awesome display I've seen from a League One side this season.

How did we do the double over them and still end up 9th....?

Answers on a postcard to Mr R. Moore, etc.

favo94

Player
Was ian sharps
Evey club in our league is either letting players go or bringng players in... and as normal, nonews coming out of our club, there are loads of decent players about , if we dont bring players in and soon, then next season we will be a mid table team again.. WE need somethin to happen to get the fans back

Player
Morrisey
To be honest I would settle for mid-table mediocricy for a few years if it meant that we would build a side and then make a push for promotion. The problem I think that we have had is that we dont stick with a manager and build. I want us to bring in some young players who we can have for a good five years with us that will be the nucleus for a Championship team. I am worried about lack of motion from the club but I have faith that we will be o.k next season.

Cow Shed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
It would be terrific if Johnny stayed on in some capacity.He does of course hold UEFA coaching badge.
Not only has he been a great player for the club he has been a real gentleman. Met him with my lad a couple of times, by chance, and each time he spent ten minutes or so talking footie with us.
Bet he gets shunted out though :cry:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Happy with the releases... It would have been nice to have seen Achto stay on in a coaching role though. I agree that he should be given a testimonial as well but I can't see Tranmere doing it unfortuantly.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm also quite happy with those released. I honestly believe they had no future at PP and if we are to look at moving out of this division, these player aren't the ones to help us.

With Ward and Achterberg now gone, I'm assuming a keeper is top on Ronnie's most wanted list!

Good business from Tranmere and let's hope we get better quality replacements!

Player
Morrisey
Danny Coyne was not looking too hot today against a striker who has just been released from Halifax. Perhaps he would be o.k but I dont think he has done any favours to get himself closer to a Championship club that he wants.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
McAteer is quoted on Sky Sports News as being very unhappy he wasn't offered anything. The club made it out it was mutual that he wanted to leave and they wouldn't stand in his way. Fans never get to know the TRUE story in these matters. I would imagine though that he wants to get into management after a year or so doing his apprenticeship. Wish them all well.

Player
Morrisey
I should imagine he had some demand that he thought was crucial that was verbally refused or something. In the sameway was John Terry tried to get assurance of the manager's job in 10 years time.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think the money we'll save on McAteer's wages alone is a good reason to say goodbye.
Sorry about Achto not getting a coaching role.
Chris McCready & Mike Jones both out of contract, are negotiations ongoing with them?
Oliie James had an injury strewn season, but quite versatile and thought there may have been a case for giving him another year.

Ally

Player
Aldo
Quite pleased McAteer's gone really. He wasn't exactly the midfield dynamo I thought he might be when he arrived, the odd decent performance aside. He's clearly still got issues with his temperament and I can't see him doing a great deal with any other team.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Ex-players curse

Has anyone else noticed a strange trend with our ex-players? Look at the ones we released over the past few years. For example, Andy Robinson helped Swansea to promotion. This year, Richard Hinds and Mike Jackson went up with Scunthorpe and Blackpool. Any bets on Danny Harrison coming back up to Laegue One with Rotherham?

On the other hand, players leaving us on a Bosman rarely do better for themselves. Examples are Clint Hill, Sean Thornton, Jason Price and Gareth Roberts. What have they done since leaving Rovers?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
On the other hand, players leaving us on a Bosman rarely do better for themselves. Examples are Clint Hill, Sean Thornton, Jason Price and Gareth Roberts. What have they done since leaving Rovers?

Well, Sean Thornton went to become a Premiership player ... no, wait, as Toshack would say, he went to be a player at a Premiership club, who quickly joined a club worse than ourselves! And now has been released by said club!=D>:lol::lol::lol: Will he be turning out on Aug 4th against us? Sure Vauxhalls would be a more suitbale destination for you fatty! (sorry Vauxhalls fans)