• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Only 3 points from the drop zone

Griff

Last nights Blackpool result leaves us only 3 points from the drop zone.

Plus, the 3 teams behind us all have games in hand. It would seam that recent draws have taken the toll.

Being unbeaten is less important then getting the points on the board. We now appear to have turned the corner, but Little needs to push for wins. Especially at home. I still think he is too causous. In the last home game he waited too long to make a substitution because the team were playing well, BUT even though we were playing quiet well, we didnt look like creating anything. Little needs to get it into his head that he must change his team to get wins !!

Is Aiston a crock ? I though originally he was only playing as a bit part player cos he was having fitness problems, but hes been back a while now and it seams little isnt using him for tacticle reasons.

We want to see the team go all out for a win, Especially at home !! Little is going to loose supporters this season if he doesnt get some attacking flare into the home games

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
It is worrying... the form table though from before last Saturdays game had us in 3rd position just behind Southend and Colchester.

A

AndyRoo16

Little is already loosing some support in my opinion, not many people have that much confidence in him. As we all know we are very much capable of winning games we just need to press harder, the last three games we could and should have scored. Aiston is probably our most creative player, it really annoys me to see him playing a bit role in the team. I think he should start and be taken off when tired, like against Swansea, another game we should have won but ended in a draw!!! :!:

Griff

I think Fans are starting to get the impression that little is always unsure of his best team and his best formation.

He changes the formation far too often in my opinion and in many cases he changes to match the opposition. Sometimes this may be required if a team is likely to dominate an area of the pitch, but we should be trying to impose our game on others.

We are into the second half of the season and yet its anyones Guess as to who will start in midfield and its it unclear what our best formation is ?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah, we're still in the battle, but had those 3 games been wins (like they should have been) we would have been 4 points from the play offs! Funny ol' game innit?

Bottom line, must string a few wins together, quickly!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
It doesn't help aid confidence in Brian when after three games that were 'nearly' and 'unlucky' (there's that word again!!! grrr!!) and we ended up with draws due to defensive-mindedness from our manager, that he's revealing in the press how pleased he is to have Ian Goodison recovered from injury - while fans like me are gutted!! Because we know he's bound to be picked if available and we're bound to play with 5 (or more) at the back again.

Griff

That is bad news !!

I think he may go back to Roberts in midfield and Goodison as fullback.

If he really wants to use Roberts as a winger then he has to put a proper (Left footed) full back behind him (like Tremarco)

The one thing I hate most from Little is playing people out of position. Maybe the odd player, or maybe if we get injuries, but he does it all the time.

Jennings is not a winger, he plays centre
Roberts can do a job on the wing, but he is our best full back
Goodison is not a full back, hes a central player and RIGHT FOOTED
Davies is a striker not a winger, same with Facey
Harrison is not any sort of player (Some improvment when playing with McAteer but I still dont rate him as good enough for this level of football, but thats for a different discussion)

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I feel Little takes pride in what worked for him last season but its not working for him now because a few faces have gone and a few new faces have came in and its not worked for him this time. I f we do drop into the bottom four again I feel its time to say goodbye to Mr Little. Ok we might be on a run but a run of draws are not going to help.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I wouldnt look too much into this, as we know ther whole league tight. We all know how close we are to drpooing ad to play-offs we just got to keep positive.