• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Now or Never

• Thread starter Banana Army
  • Start date
B

Banana Army

Looking behind us has been the frequent action of this season, but with a 7 point gap opened on the relegation zone and a rise to 15th in the table, its time to stop straining our necks and to look forwards and above us. However it is make or break time. With the table looking like this:

Image9.jpg

You can see that the teams above us seem to have been waiting for us. Only 1 of the top 6 have wanted to win for a while now ,in colchester, and our form is considerably better than the previously thought contenders in Swansea(WLLDD), Brentford (W,W,D,L,D), Huddersfield (D,D,L,D,D). However, Southend, Colchester, and Swansea are starting to get there acts together now, so we must continue our form to produce a Play - Off charge.

At the moment however, it looks as if you are in with a chance of Auto if you are in a Play Off spot. I know that this is very ambitious and 14 points is a lot, but we still have a chance, and a lucky one at that considering our early season form. 9 points off the play offs is still alot, but if we can produce another streak of DWWWD or better, i feel we would be within 4 or 5 points of the play offs which would start to look better. Now is the chance to grab the initiative after a good run, and we can not afford to let up.

With the Team in 6th place over the past five years being the following:

2004/05 - Hartlepool - 71 points
2003/04 - Hartlepool - 73 Points
2002/03 - Cardiff - 81 Points (That Season Grrr!)
2001/02 - Huddersfield - 78 Points
2000/01 - Wigan - 75 Points

The average works out at 76 which means we need a further 43 points, which means anb average of 2.26 points a game indicating that our form needs to be pretty much better than everyone elses, and Chamionship winning form.

However if you look at it a different way, with the average points gained per game so far by 6th placed Colchester and then multiplied by the amount of games, 46, the probable points total works out at 72, slightly easier, meaning 2 points per game.

So all in all we need to get a move on and keep the form of late up. That would probably see us gain a play off spot, but keeping that form up will be a tough task.

Our Squad is looking O.K but to produce the form needed, IMO at least 3 signings are needed. A CB is a must as although Jackson and Sharps have been OK, they have not been top notch and Linwood and Goodison have both been Susceptible at the back when Providing cover. A Winger is also needed. Sam Aiston being the only natural Winger in Brains main team is a problem, especially as he can only last 60 minutes. So a winger is definately needed, and a good one at that, not just anyone from leauge 2. Finally Francis must be made permanent, or at least until the end of the season. If not then we could find ourselves in big trouble when Sheffield United refuse to extend his loan come Febuary.

This is our chance. We have been lucky to get away with (to a certain extent) our poor form in the first half of the season so we must now grab our chance and rocket up the leauge. Come on Rovers!!!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
We need Walsall and Forest to slip up now they have games in hand, we could really have done with winning bournemouth (obviously) as we would have been tenth but you know what I mean.

Its not impossible its likely even, keep on going lets see were we end up come on you rovers!

A

AndyRoo16

On current form who knows were we could end up...
at the moment i fancy us 4 a play off place...
lets just hope we can continue in the right direction!!!
Bring on Hartlepool :D :!:

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Doncaster, Vale & Scunny can still leapfrog us with their matches in hand. And B_Hater is right, we need a couple of favours from teams above us with games in hand to get that extra boost.

I still think we can do it, the play off positions are not that far off.

Fingers crossed lads.

On a lighter note, I could possible be making my first ever trip to PP for the last home game of the season against Doncaster on May 6th and I could very well be on my own. So be looking out for a typical Irish looking bloke with a shaved head!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

All we need to do is keep on playing with this new found confidence and keep up all the hard work the lads have put into trining, get a few more players by the end of the month and I feel we will be sorted and we can push for 6th place