• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Notts County 0-1 Tranmere

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wow, they've done it again. Amazing. Shame Stevenage won, we would have been six points clear! Loving it.. \\:D/\\:D/

17 shots on goal, 8 on target, we certainly laid into them.

SWA!!!!!!!!!!

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
been a great week who would have thought we would have won at scunthorpe and notts county...the point against brentford last week now looks good also.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
been a great week who would have thought we would have won at scunthorpe and notts county...the point against brentford last week now looks good also.
Exactly. When your worst result in 11 games is a home draw against Brentford, you are on a roll!

Looking ahead, we may be without Fonners next Saturday (international duty) and will JLAA recover in time to play?

PS According to the BBC, the SWA was nearly in four figures! Hopefully, one or two will be posting a report later.

merseymariner

Player
Nicky Henry
From the sounds of it 1-0 flattered them. Another great win for us. Can't quite believe it! Been following the rovers for over 20 years and not since the days of king can I remember feeling as a fan that we could win any and every game. Obviously the run cannot carry on all season, but hope any blips are short ones and I for one am loving being a Tranmere fan at the moment.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We controlled the game today and completely outclassed Notts in the first half. The only slight disappointment (other than Jean Louis' injury) is that we did not score more goals. As Ian says above, had Akpro stayed on the pitch I think we could have been enjoying another away win by a three goal margin, as they struggled to deal with Cassidy and I don't think they would have coped defensively had both strikers been on the pitch.

From about the ten minute mark until half time, our football was a delight to watch, with great first time passing and good movement off the ball. County had no answer to it, and there was a clear gulf in class between the sides: an incredible observation to make given it was a 1st v 4th match, and an indication of just how well we are playing.

In the second half we took our foot off the gas a little and County had more of the ball, but without troubling us defensively one iota. Curle changed their tactics several times and threw Hughes and Showunmi on but Fonners did not have a save to make all afternoon: Gibson and Taylor were imperious. Rovers still looked the more dangerous of the two sides, with Baggie hitting the post and Cassidy and McGurk also going close.

I think man of the match was probably Wallace, but both centre halves were fantastic and Palmer was also very good, particularly in the first half.

Both Thompson and McGurk did well as replacements for the injured duo, but I still believe we can't be without the pair of them for long if we are to maintain this form. Nonetheless, it is remarkable that we won today with arguably two of our four best players missing.

Player
Manager
John King
Looks like JLAA could have a broken metatarsal. Not good news. :cry:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Amazing run of results.

The news about JLAA is worrying, as that's likely to keep him out until the new year and we all know how Enoch never looked the same after his broken leg.

Player
Manager
John King
I don't think Beckham, Gerrard, Rooney et al. suffered long term from their metatarsal injuries, so it may be that Akpro will be able to return to full fitness and form. However, I would imagine we would still be without him for at least two to three months.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Yet another cracking result and by all accounts should have been by more goals and we will remain top for a while longer yet. It doesnt sound too good for Akpro and we will certainly need to bring in another striker.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
As good as this result was, can't help but feel JLAA's injury kinda overshadows it.

Hopefully our league position will help attract a slightly better calibre of loanee than has been the case in the past; RM should at least be able to put a strong case to PJ that we need to bring in some quality this time around.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Disapointed in Kieth curle,s after match interview ...he went on and on,with out taking breath and started to get very boring..imagine what the players have to put up with..!

i thought KC was class ..not some bafoon clearly under too much pressure

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not sure I understand that last post, but reading the posts on various forums after the game it seems like Curle is coming under some heavy criticism. General gist is he is out of his depth.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
So it's confirmed JLAA is out for a while. This is where the real test begins. On a positive, McGurk has been getting lots of positives from his few cameos.

Player
Goodison
With JLAA out we can play Goodison upfront and not disrupt the back four...

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
With JLAA out we can play Goodison upfront and not disrupt the back four...

Joking aside, I think Goody will struggle to get into the side, until Jan anyway...but just having him on the bench, available, would be a brilliant boost for the rest of the squad...

Any date for Robbo's return?