• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Nottingham Forest 1 - 1 Tranmere Rovers

Pedro Negro

Player
Chris Greenacre
Good result, but again we are dwelling on the draws again. It was unlucky for us to not hold on to the one nil lead but at the end of the day I would take a point away from home at Forest any day. Now we need to start winning, and get us up there.
COME ON YOU WHITES =D>

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, very good point. Shame we couldnt hold the lead, but we now have to make sure we win at home!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
You have to be pleased with a point away at Forest but yes it was a frustrating we let a lead slip again. The defence was solid and they only real cut us open twice in the whole game when they hit the bar and scored. Sherriff had two great chances that he put over in the 1st half. A massive shame to see Achterberg go off injured. Hopefully its nothing long term. It was a bit worrying having Goodison and McCready take the goal kicks. Taylor's goal was a great header and a brilliant cross from McLaren. Never celebrated a goal as much as I wasn't expecting us to score really. The Forest fans got some stick for Taylor scoring. Great support too from us. We were a bit unlucky with their goal too as it deflected of Goodison and over Ward although they shouldn't have been allowed to get down our right so easily. Enjoyable day out though.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Decent result, great day out, fantastic atmosphere in the SWA. Took my Dad, who loved it because he could go on about the last time he went to Forest for a Rovers FA cup game back in the 70's (he went with the VP's and met Cloughie!).

Saw Taylor's goal on Telly this morning and he took it very well, excellent leap although the Forest defending was a bit ropey.

Decent performances from Goodison and Shukes I thought. One thing I picked up on yesterday is that we too often play the 'easy ball' without looking, you can see them picking the next pass before they've received the ball. Generally I think this is a good thing, but a couple of times yesterday players picked the ball up in space and off loaded it straight away, when they could have worked an easy opening, gained a few yards and maybe got a shot off, especially when we were 1-0 up. Bit more composure needed on the ball.

Our GK situation is worrying. Doesn't look good for Achters and Ward can't kick the ball, we'll get caught out by one of Goodison's scuffed goal kicks eventually. One positive is that rather than kicking from his hands, Ward might be forced to throw the ball out, which is something I like. I'd rather have ball to feet inside our own half than a big hoof upfield which can go to anyone.

Finally, I know it was a killer, but what great goal from Forest. Great ball over the top and a Premiership first touch and low cross by the attacker (Tyson?). Not much we could have done about it.

Only the third or fourth match I've got to this season, really enjoyed it, need to plan a few more trips to PP and cheer the lads on to promotion.

Pedro Negro

Player
Chris Greenacre
Our home form is superior when we are in the mood.
This is the season, this season we will win promotion into the championship.
Either if it is play offs or automatic promotion I don't care.
WE...ARE...GOING...UP!