• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Northampton Vs. Tranmere Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
It's probably best not to dwell on Tuesday night for too long.

A poor performance can only be improved on so what are your thoughts on this Saturday's visit to Northampton? They've yet to win at home this season, only coming close last night to end up with a 1-1 draw.

Barring any huge injury worries, I'm confident that we can bounce back and get a win here. And if it has to be route one football, then so be it. I do think we've been playing a lot better when passing and using the wings but I suppose it is down to the formation of the opposition.

I'm gonna say 0-1 win for us, scored by Mullin.

Player
Morrisey
We have a great midfield and we have to pass the ball in a simple way and then spread the ball to get it in the box. We have Taylor who is good in the air, Greenacre who will find the target from any where in the box and Mullin who can pick up the pieces. Should be going to this one, work permitting. Dont know what the score will be because I dont know how the team will react to the loss. They could be in the mood to make up for the poor performance and thrash them or they could be cautious and make a meal of the game. On our day we can beat any one in the league, it is just a question of whether or not the players want to. I do think that the players will be very tired and playing a game midweek with such a shallow squad is going to take its toll. I think that we should get a few players in on loan, just to make up the numbers.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'll be going to this one all being well. We need to produce a better performance that last night and try and get a win that will set us up nicely for the Nottm' Forest game. I fear if we lose on Saturday we may start to drop down the table a bit. Hopefully we can respond something like we did after losing to Cheltenham by going on an unbeaten run in the league. No predictions from me... like SWA said its tough to call as we don't know how they will react.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I do think that the players will be very tired and playing a game midweek with such a shallow squad is going to take its toll. I think that we should get a few players in on loan, just to make up the numbers.
Drivel. They train most days of the week match or no match, and for fit professional footballers two matches in a week should be no problem at all. If not already no problem then it will become no problem by doing it. A strong and settled first team is simply priceless.

Player
Morrisey
NBDH, with a shallow squad and injuries coming there will be some players whos fitness is not quite what it used to be or even just not up to that of the other squad will get tired as the season progresses. It is only natural. If we had the ability now and again to put a fresh pair of legs in on the park for a midweek game then it would make the difference. Granted they should be able to play two games a week, week in week out and they should all be looking to play 90 minutes each week, but it is just not hoing to happen for some people. For example at Christmas when we have a very busy calendar it will be handy to have a few more players available. It will only help the squad if we had a few more faces.=; :wink:

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah injuries are taking a toll already and I can see a few loanees arriving to ease the problems in the months up til the window opens in jan. Not ideal at all, but with only 18 snr pros its inevitable really.

As for the game, hope we get the pts but will be tricky. Injuries to Goodison and Sheriff have me worried as I can't see us winning without those two who have been impressive performers so far this season. Greenacre is doubtful too, if those 3 don't ply its gonna be a struggle, but Ronnie's team must fight and battle and then hopefully we can get a result.

Not holding my breath though unfortunately. Hope those guys are fit.

Player
Morrisey
I think that if youngsters play they will step up to the challenga because ronnie has put a big emphasis on youngsters playing a part ion this season and they will all be ready to go and will have been training with the team. Still they wont be nearly as settled and competant as the wise heads. Still might be going up to Northampton so I hope they win. I haven't seen us not win yet this season. :-D

Player
Johnny Morrissey

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Don't say that... we'll lose now!

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Todays Team, Greenacre & Sheriff missing.

Ward, Stockdale, McCready, Goodison, Tremarco, Shuker, Mullin, McLaren, Ellison, Taylor, Zola. Substitutes: Achterberg, Davies, Jennings, Jones, James.

Still a very good line up.

Player
Morrisey
Unfortunately for the team I am not going so it looks like it will be another loss. My Dad's going though if that counts for anything. Lets see Zola bring his reserve form in to the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.