• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

No New Signings

B

Banana Army

Shit For Brains

Read this article and you a huge impression that the only way we will be signing players is if we lose another player. This suggests that he believes our squad is big enough and decent enough. Is he having a fookin laff?

YOU'VE GOT MONEY SPEND IT YOU OLD FART

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Totally agree mate. What a fucking joke loan signings are no good as well because they have to go back

M

Matthew The Rover

I disagree to a certain extent. As much as I want a new signing who is permanent, there is no point spending the money just for the sake of it. The player must be right.

A

AndyRoo16

gd point. I still hope we see sum new faces tho....the squad does need improving :)

B

Banana Army

Matthew The Rover said:
I disagree to a certain extent. As much as I want a new signing who is permanent, there is no point spending the money just for the sake of it. The player must be right.

Did you read the article? It said he wouldnt sign players unless another key player was sold. Now dont tell me that a side sitting 14th in what effectively is division 3 can not be improved.

Im not saying that we should just go out and buy anyone, but thats why we have scouts. What are we paying them for? They should have been out scouting from September onwards, as soon as we started to fall down the leauge.

We have Francis for a max of 1 more month, so then i guess Linwood will play Right back. Thats one position we need.

We need at least one more winger, another definate.

And we could really do with another CB and a really class CM.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Banana Army said:
Matthew The Rover said:

Did you read the article? It said he wouldnt sign players unless another key player was sold. Now dont tell me that a side sitting 14th in what effectively is division 3 can not be improved.

Im not saying that we should just go out and buy anyone, but thats why we have scouts. What are we paying them for? They should have been out scouting from September onwards, as soon as we started to fall down the leauge.

We have Francis for a max of 1 more month, so then i guess Linwood will play Right back. Thats one position we need.

We need at least one more winger, another definate.

And we could really do with another CB and a really class CM.

Yer im with Banna army here we need players now who we can say they are 'our players' we need a quality player now who is going to stay for a while not fucking off at the end of the month or season

J

JD

Before Christmas and our little run, we had money to spend, and the Transfer window was going to be the answer to all our ills.

What happens;

2 players shown the door
2 loanees

It now seems that incoming deals are dependent on "what happens here"

Now Robbo looks like he's on his way, and there doesn't seem to be any urgency about bringing anyone in.

I don't mind if we've got no money - but a bit more straight talking & a little less spin wouldn't go a miss!

S

Steele's Field

It is dissapointing but did anyone actually believe we would go and get 3 or 4 players in the transfer window, due to form again we as fans have been let down again by the club. It's so fraustrating to see Tranmere selling our best player's without much of a struggle, and then to read littles comment's especialy after only 2 month's ago are so called chairwoman said they have cash to spend on new signing. one player who is looking out of favour is Richard Edghill at Bradford I think he would be a ideal signing who can play on both flank's as a wing back.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Sorry Matt but I have to agree with Banana man and Birk Born & Bred. It's a bit of a nonsense article.

And is it just me or does the article not spell out in black & white that Rovers are going to sell Roberts. It looks like it to me. A lot of back talk about them continuing to bid and roberts himself not saying he's not interested.

It will be a huge mistake but I don't think there's an awful lot anyone can do.

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Banana Army said:
sh*t For Brains

Read this article and you a huge impression that the only way we will be signing players is if we lose another player. This suggests that he believes our squad is big enough and decent enough. Is he having a fookin laff?

YOU'VE GOT MONEY SPEND IT YOU OLD FART

That wasn't the impression I got at all. He is talking about the new transfer window and that it is a distraction, nothing in there about us not buying any players.

Quite the opposite I think, Brian has bemoaned the fact that our squad is small this season and I don't think he'd be releasing players if he didn't have his eye on a big transfer. The only other explanation for having a clear out and reducing the wage bill is that the club isn't doing as well financially as we're led to believe.

Player
Morrisey
I think that Lorraine has stopped siiting on the fence to please both club and fans and has spoken the truth! I think that BL has seen that he is on his own now and every one is looking to him to buy players after Lorraines comments and he is releasing comments that just dance around the truth not really letting on to anything and he is starting to feel the preassure now! If Robbo does go I hope that he replaces him with a winger as I feel Tremaco is ample replacement. I am not saying he is as good as but I feel he can do the job competently. I can only see players leave this window as Bl will leave it too late to sign any one!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Little was saying almost up to the moment that Humey went, that he didn't expect him to go, yet was selling Leicester to him. I don't trust the man.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Let's also not forget that signing players on loan is the way forward for clubs such as ourselves. With Little or no money to spend, it allows us to bring in players to boost the squad without the expensive of buying them. I'm not saying this is necessarily a good thing, but we gotta realise this is the way it's going to be...

Player
Morrisey
I agree Ian! League one is not the most sttractive league in the country so to get loan players in capable of getting us up and then once we are up we can attract better players. Unfortunately I cannot see us going up this season but we still can get loan signings so that we finish in the top 10 comfortabley!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ian said:
With Little or no money to spend
also... did anyone see what I did there? :roll:

S

Sullivan

some young new talent is needed if were to go anywere this season look for young players in the championship even if we make some loan signings its still what we need

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Yeah if we get loan signings in who are me goin 2 get in 2 replace those players when they go back more loan signings that will only stay a month I really feel that we need players that are ours dont you think?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
yer cos you know the loaned players are gonna go soon.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Interesting posting on the Liverpool Echo site today. I'd be inclined to partially agree with BL on a few things. He's right not to bring someone in for the sake of it, but maybe we could have better secured Seremet etc. At least until the end of the season.

Liverpool Echo Article (Click Here)