• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Newspaper Rumours :O

B

Banana Army

Normally a newspaper prediction articele isn't worth paying attention too, thats if you support a top flight team. In the mirror today we appear :shock:

It is saying that after our recent poor results Little is facing the sack. Now this seems to contradict what went on at the fans forum. Soeither the mirror (a ***** paper anyway) are really really desperate for rumours, ortheres some truth to it.

At this stage i'm thinking its a case of fabrication, but interesting anyway

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's interesting to think about what would happen if they went down or stayed up. If we went down, would he get the sack? If we stayed up, would we have to put up with him for another season?

Ally

Player
Aldo
Speculative tabloid nonsense.

Anyhoo, if we do go down, I think he should do the honourable thing... and fook off.

DixieDean

I would suggest that at the fan's forum, the club would want to show that they are looking to the future and being positive. If Lorraine had said "Brian is under pressure for his job" then that would have caused unrest and stirred up the "Little Out" campaigners all the more.

I'm pretty sure that she has weighed up the cost of sacking him against the boost in season ticket sales if she brought someone in who'd stoke our imagination.

I for one will not re-new my season ticket if he's in charge. However, bring in a new man and I'd probably go for it. Let's say there are 1000 people of the same opinion, who'll now pay (on average) £130 for a season ticket. That's £130,000. Perhaps that's not too far off the wage we'd have to pay him if he went??....

Personally I'd pay an extra £10 of so for my season ticket if it meant him not being here..... lol.... maybe I should approach her with my idea. :-D

That's it... she should send a Poll out to all season ticket holders:

<> Sack Brian but increase prices by 10%.
<> Keep Brian and prices stay the same.

I reckon I know which would get more votes :lol: :wink: :lol:

S

Steve

Just heard a rumour in work that Peter Reid will be in charge next season. I personally hope its true. I know he struggled at City and Sunderland, but at least he would not stand for the crap the players have given this season. How does everyone feel on that one? :roll:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Peter Reid hasn't had the greatest of managerial successes has he? Back to Little though, a lot of people are saying it would be pointless to sack him with two games to go. I disagree. At least it would mean we could play attacking football! This defensively shoddy 5-3-2 that Little seems to employ can be sacked right off.. It's not going to work against the Dons. Attack, attack... attack attack attack.

DixieDean

I'm not sure about Peter Reid.
He is probably a good motivator, but I have it on good authority that when he was at Sunderland he would "look after himself" when it came to signing players via agents. This means that if it came to a choice between 2 players he would bring in the one that would benefit himself financially and not the player that would be best for the club.

P

pablo

I am sorry to say this, but Brian has to go. Peter Reid would be a good bet as at least he has some enthusiasm and can put rockets up the players as per his documentary when he was Manager of Sunderland. If Brian could reflect he must surely see he has taken us backwards. Any decent person would see that and would walk away. It may be the best time to get rid as it usually makes players stand up and be counted and gather results just when we need them to stay in the division. I mean, look at Glenn Roeder and what he has done for Newcastle.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Yer I read it today foun it very interesting.

Hers my theory:

They know if Little stays gates wil go down, therefore money loss.
IF they get rid of Little and Macca takes over, if we win our remainding two games, fans will be postive gates will rise or at least stay same.

If we donty do well in last two, fans wonbt be too UNenthusiastic cos MAcca has only just took over and not base him on two pressurizing games.

So, sales and gates wont go down dramatically and fasn wil still have faith. If we do do well, then thats an added bonus with Maca in charge fans wil favour him for hot seat.

Oh, and Peter Reid LMAO!:lol:

M

Matthew The Rover

I don't believe it. I think even Lorraine knows it would be stupid to sack Brian Little now because the club needs to stick together for the last two games. Should we sack Brian now we might as well forfit the MK Dons game and even Doncastor. The players need to know what's what and who's who in these last few weeks but we should still sack him in the summer.

I say Shaun Garnett for Manager!

BOBBY CONN

"If we donty do well in last two, fans wonbt be too UNenthusiastic cos MAcca has only just took over and not base him on two pressurizing games."

You are right that fans would not blame Mcateer if he got left with the difficult task of keeping us up and failed, but there is absolutely no way we can consider this as he has no experience whatsoever and in short, is not even a manager. For me I would like to see Brian keep us up and then walk away. Whilst I am really pissed off with him and believe him to be a **** manager and not the right manager for us, I can't help feeling ever so slightly sorry for him, I know he is ultra negative and **** in the transfer market etc. but I think he put alot into trying to get us up last season with no money and had a decent go at it. Its a tricky one though as we are really in the **** now and its his fault, so I don't blame fans for slating him...I have!

Is anyone else willing to admit to having any positive views on Brian?:lol: Didn't think so!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think this was just a rumour and had no substance to it. I mean we have lost the last four and not scored in those games. It doesn't take a geneius to come up with that story does it? As for Peter Reid I think he'd do better than Little... although not completely sure if he is the right man for the job!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Believe it or not, I can't see Little being sacked. After two years without a cup run, we're broke and couldn't pay him off. Even if he went now or at the end of the season, who could we afford to replace him? And the new manager would not have much time to get a squad together for next season. Meanwhile, we'd lose the likes of Sharpsy as well as Gareth in all the uncertainty.

I think Little is safe for now. Lorraine has already said they are planning for next season. I think she'll back him and see how next season starts.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
bring back the cowshed! said:
I think Little is safe for now. Lorraine has already said they are planning for next season. I think she'll back him and see how next season starts.
You could be right mate, but if she does that, she needs a slap. I cannot see how Rovers will ever improve with Little in charge. Next season, he'll have lost more players, and we'll be as bad as ever, and I don't have any faith in him bringing in good players.

I'm praying.. [-o<

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I think it must be a really hard decision for Rogers because if it was a straight forward one, I'd have chucked him a good while ago. He sits on teh fence on too many decisions, and his tactics are too negative.

We need someone to come in who's good at using what they have around them and get the best out of everyone, like managers like Ron Atkinson, Peter Reid, Bobby Robson, Harry Redknapp have done in the past.

And before anyone comments, I'm not suggesting that any of these names are my choice for a manager, I'm saying someone like them, with their belief.

B

bwilliams

I think he may walk at the end of the season, too many people want him out.

Nice signature as well Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I dont think I've prayed so much in my life!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Bobby Robson. In a heartbeat. No, in my DREAMS. If only it were so.

Ray Mathias or Ronnie Moore would do very nicely. But Tranmere have naffed them both off in the past so why would they come back? It would probably take a change at the top before they would.

Player
Morrisey
I would still love aldo to take charge. Aldo and kelly would do nicely.