• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New signing and more to come!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good to see a bit of a clear out happening. I know Holness isn't wonderful but is he that bad at this level? He didn't do much wrong on Saturday bit does take a bit of a battering from supporters. His distribution is woeful but as a defender, he's OK.

andrewesq

Faith Light Strength
Player
Billy Woods
As expected Gill had to go once Edwards went, im sure Shuks will be a much better coach. with all this movement its like its June all over again!

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
Glad we have sent George Barker back early. He was no striker but certainly very ineffective as wide midfield.

I would not keep Donnelly who might run around from now to eternity but never score but I think as well as paying a fee for the player who so far is an awful signing, he has a two year deal so lets hope he comes good. Looks like James Rowe does not fit into the plans so suspect he might be moved on: can never really make my mind up about him.

The boy Johnson from Cardiff needs an early goal to get him going which the cup games might provide, otherwise he may loose confidence but I am hopeful he will score a few so would keep him.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The problem with getting rid of Gill is that unless Jennings is allowed to play in cup games, we don't have a defensive holding midfielder.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Donnelly is certainly living up to the expectations of his former supporters! Boz, I don't think we should be too concerned about the cup games, our priority this season has to be staying in this league.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ian, I agree that staying in L2 is the priority, but it will do us no harm to win a cup game, of the games left this month, the one v Bristol Rovers is arguably our best chance of getting a win. Even in the league, suppose Jennings gets injured or Port Vale need him back? It seems to me that our squad becomes weaker by Gill's departure and I'd have preferred to see him stay at least until January.

drwhoman

It would have been nice to keep Gill but I suspect the current situation was a bit awkward both him and Adams/Shuker. Better to cut the knot now - he can get on and we can always look for another loanee in need.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The recent departures are no surprise to me either. Gill and Russell were Edwards' men and their ideas probably differ from Mickey's. Some of Rob's later loan signings were poor and they too have moved on. I expect more comings and goings between now and the end of the January transfer window, but how much activity will depend on how much extra cash the Palioses have given Mickey.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think we'll be juggling with loan signings till the end if the season. Lots if comings and goings. Just wish we had a more settled squad.

Colin K

Player
Ryan Taylor
Hey Mickey...get on the blower and square it away!

Diego De Girolamo - Sheffield Utd (was on loan at York and scored 3 in 4...York want him back but could we swipe in and grab him on a youth loan?)

andrewesq

Faith Light Strength
Player
Billy Woods
I think Micky has a good contact book hence why he was brought it ! We will survive !