• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Motivation

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I was reading with great interest the post match thread against MK Dons and most importantly, the latter end of the thread were a few of you have mentioned the motiviation in the team.

Having just spoken to a few people who were at the game on Saturday sitting in the directors box, it doesnt surprise me at all that there's no motivation.

Here's what they discovered after the game:

Mark Rankine was very unhappy about being left out of the starting 11. Asked if Little gave the players a good bollocking after the dreadful performance, the response was a resounding NO. In fact, he then went on to say that Little doesn't give them any kind of bollocking at all. Nothing. Not even at half time. How's that for motivation! :shock:

After that showing on Saturday, the players simply got changed and fooked off home. Well done Little :roll:

Achterberg was very unhappy with the result. Apparantly he was sitting down shaking his head looking at the floor. Now there's a guy who takes a defeat to heart. Wish we had more players like him.

He also thinks Zola is shite. LOL
He said for the size of him, he can't head a damn ball.

Lastly, Peter Johnson walked in and he turned to Achterberg and said, "are you ever going to save a penalty?". Hmm...

Achterberg, also mentioned the fact that they have no leader in the team. In the dressing room, there's no one to gee them up when they need it, no one to get the adreneline pumping. He also thinks the likes of Harrison and Jennings will become good players but they are still a few years off that.

So it's all good really. The manager doesn't give the players a bollocking when they play badly, some team members will openly admit their other team members are shite and to top it all off, we've got Peter Johnson still hanging around putting the boot in.

Happy days :D

C

ChiefRich

I'd have thought the players didn't care as to what interfering directors/old former chairmen think!

Of course some managers never give bollockings but if they do it exudes passion I guess.

My main problem with BL is not the lack of bollockings but overwhelming loyalty to overwhelmingly poor players. I don't think it is necessary to give any examples of this.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I think we need a manager who shouts. Soemone whos not afraid to drop players and someones who tells them the truth.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
bolton_hater said:
I think we need a manager who shouts. Soemone whos not afraid to drop players and someones who tells them the truth.
This is what I initially thought mate. But then when I thought more about this, I dont know if its such a good thing. We need a balance.

We had a manager who shouted and told the truth. His name was Aldo.
We've gone from one extreme to the other. :roll:

Has Little lost the changing room or has he never really had it? :shock:

jim

Would you not think that the position we currently sit in would be motivation enough for a group of professional footballers to pull their fingers out and start playing some decent football?
Zola is a waste of a Tranmere shirt and number as far as I'm concerned, Linwood is taking up precious changing room space aswell. These are two players who I don't think lack motivation, they're just crap. The rest of the team I have faith in when they play at an acceptable level or above.
I know if I was languishing at the bottom of a crap league I'd be wanting to put in some storming performances.
I think its an interesting point about there not being a leader in the team, I totally agree. I think we'd gain a lot more from having a decent leader on the pitch rather than sacking Brian as some would suggest.

T

tranmerefan

I think Peter Johnson is being very harsh on Achterberg there. I just can't believe that after Saturday's showing there was no full time rollocking, a kick up the backside would do some of them good.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
tranmerefan said:
I think Peter Johnson is being very harsh on Achterberg there.

what ya mean? whats peter johnson done?

T

tranmerefan

Lastly, Peter Johnson walked in and he turned to Achterberg and said, "are you ever going to save a penalty?". Hmm...

From the first post in this thread.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
ohhhhhhh right, sorry.

i get you now.

yer that was mean, maybe heat of the moment ut he deserves a slap for that.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
That all sounds very worrying... I thought we had someone who could lead in Mike Jackson especially when he is captain but it seems this has changed. I really can't believe though that a professional like John Achterberg would actually say that about Zola in public no matter how bad he thinks he is and if he did say that then i'm disappointed in him. As for Peter Johnson... how dare he make a comment like that. He has no right unless he wants to right his debt of and give us the money for new players!!

M

Matthew The Rover

As much as John may not be a Penalty Saving expert (like one fat Joe Murphy once was) it doesn't make him a bad keeper. He saved one against Millwall did he not.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, I mean whether or not what I wrote was true, I dont know. Its all hear say if you like, but the one thing that does worry me and the one thing I would not find at all surprising is the fact that Little did not give his players a roasting.

He just doesn't seem that type of person.
This concerns me greatly. I'm not expecting him to be running in throwing cups around the room, but I would expect him to at least have a word with them.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Thing is that it's 100% true - Zola can't head a damn ball.

I've seen U-10 players head a ball. I can head a ball. My nan could probably head a ball provided it wasn't flying too hard and fast. Zola simply cannot. Which is crazy for a big black fella that's two foot taller than Gareth Roberts.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Johnny King is God said:
Is being black relavent?
Not to this thread. Keep on topic please folks..

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Why doesn't Little just fuck right off now?

For christs sake how can he not hve gone ballistic after some of the recent performances.

Bring back Aldo now, if only in a kind of consultancy role where he gets to shout at people at half time or from the side line.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes it is hard to defend him for not having a go at the players after poor performances... suppose its just the way some managers deal with things even if we don't agree with it.