• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

More players

Player
Liam Palmer
Moore added he would like to make further signings but stressed there are no firm plans to do so at present.
"In an ideal world I'd like another seven," joked Moore before adding: "Realistically, we will just have to wait and see what we can do."

Quote from Ronnie on the BBC website - is this just wishful thinking or does he think the squad is seven players short of being a decent squad.....?

Start praying that Jenno signs!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think there needs to be a decent amount of cover at least. I think he's worried his squad is thread-bare. When you think about last season, we had long term injuries, suspensions etc etc.. The same will happen this year in respect of the team having injury and discipline problems and we dont want to be looking back saying we would have won that game if.. I still think he'll sign one or two more. Maybe not first teamers, but versatile players who can provide cover.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
In an ideal world, I'm sure Ronnie would like to sign Ronaldo and Steven Gerrard, but he knows his world isn't ideal. If we sign Curtis, Jenno and another left back, then we have enough cover to start the season. He can always go for loanees when injuries and suspensions start to kick in. Let's hope that doesn't happen for a while.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If Jennings goes, need someone in the midfield dynamo role, unless Paul Henry can do it. We also need another left-sided player, personally prefer a left-winger who could slot in at left-back as Creswell also offers left-back cover. Finally, another target man, if Savage either gets injured or lives down to the predictions about his abilities.

Player
Liam Palmer
I just want Jennings to sign. I think he'll be impossible to replace in the short term. Pity he played so well on Saturday (a scout from Charlton was sitting two seats along from me - hope he didn't notice).

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think our midfield is weak, if Jennings goes, it'll be very weak. Jennings needs a decent partner in the middle. Defence is pretty solid, forwards will get goals if they get the service. The more it goes on, the less confidence I have he'll stay, it's almost like he's waiting for an offer to come in. Would be a big blow if he went.

Del Shannon

Player
Iain Hume
Agree about our weak midfield. Lets just hope Sonko turns out to be a good signing. I would be suprised if O'Callaghan does. Admittedly I've only seen him once but he looked slow and clumsy, not to mention underweight...
We are blatantly lacking a decent left winger too...