• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Moore to Hartlepool

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Any more signings likely?

Agreed. Ian with Chris would have been a powerful strike force with Zola, Curran and Davies in reserve. I suspect the problem was budget. Otherwise, I'm sure we would have matched his wages at Hartlepool. But we'd have had to offload Taylor to release some money and I'm not aware of any offers for him.

Does anyone think this is it for signings? What's happening about a replacement for Ellison? Are we signing Foy - it's gone quiet?

PS I thought for a moment it was Ronnie Moore who's gone to Hartlepool. Now that would have started a few threads!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hmm, not sure really. He doesnt score that many goals. Zola will easily get you the same amount of goals plus more..

He scored 2 league goals for Leeds in 2 seasons! Admittedly, it was Leeds but..

Don't forget Taylor is a different player to Moore. Moore is a selfish striker. whereas Taylor is used for holding up the ball, playing others in.. (well, that's what they have us believe, haha)..

I just dont see the point, we've got players for those positions. Taylor, Greenacre, Curran, Zola.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Ian Moore is class and I'd have loved to see him come back, however, we are reasonably well off in the strikers department, just need a left sided midfielder imho.:roll:

Player
Curran,Humey,R.Taylor,Goodison,Jacko,Robbo
I would of loved to see him come back to but we have the right number of forwards.Just think what curran and greenacre will be like next season.;-)