• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Moore Signs

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Ian Moore Moore Moore

Transfer listed by Hartlepool as he can't settle up there, Ronie's looking for a striker - how much further does he need to look than his own family! I'd be more thn happy for Ian to join us again.

Player
Goodison
Same here - but will he command a fee? Stuart Fleetwood meanwhile has turned down a ?200,000 move to Crewe and has chosen instead to stay at Forest Green until the end of the season.

evo_trfc

saw him against swindon when they played hartlepoll and he will still score goals at this level.

Haji is a trialist we have at the moment but went off after 6 minutes

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
No chance

Ronnie didn't sign Ian when he was available last summer, so why would he now? Maybe he believes it would cause problems in the dressing room having a son there.

Also, he'd have to offload. I don't think he'd want to lose any of the four strikers he's got, whatever the fans' views on this.

Player
Goodison
Ian Moore was at the match today. According to people who spoke to him he has recieved offers from 4 clubs and he would like to play for Tranmere again (possibly with his father), but he thinks it is probably not the right time at the moment.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Interesting. I'd seriously like to see him come back, even if it was just til the end of this season. Depends who the offers are for him I suppose, and whether Ronnie thinks working with his son is a good idea and something that would benefit the team and the squad. No doubt Ian has the ability to be a hit again with us Rovers fans :smile:

Del Shannon

Player
Iain Hume
Ronnie has brought in his son from Hartlepool, what does everyone think?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think it means Greenacre is on his way before midnight to make way and bring in some cash. I hope not, as Ian Moore has never been as prolific as Chrissy. It also may mean even less time on the pitch for Craig Curran. Keeping my fingers crossed I'm wrong.

Red Devil

Player
Moore, or Less
This is one player he knows will not shirk his responsibility!! Come on Ian, 15 before season closes?

Player
Curran,Humey,R.Taylor,Goodison,Jacko,Robbo
Where Did U Find This Out?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Sorry i should have posted my post here... where did you read that? I heard it was on sky sports news and he'd disappeared from oldham when about to sign.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh, this is getting tasty. Aint heard anything myself, but what all this about him disappearing? lol

If this is true though, I would have concerns about Greenacre. As Ronnie says, "one in, one out"...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
merged with other moore thread..

Player
Curran,Humey,R.Taylor,Goodison,Jacko,Robbo
Yess Signed A Contract Till 2009 An Gareth Taylor Had Gone 2 Donny Yesssss Miracle Wont They Be Dissapointed When They See What They Got

jim

The news of Ian Moore wasn't as sweet as the news that Gareth Taylor has left. Good riddance. I think Ian should be a good signing, still knocking them in and might keep Greenacre on his toes. Will be good competition for places now.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Made up Taylor has gone... thats a good bit of business. Don't see why Doncaster wanted him. That must have been why Ronnie was playing him to get him in the shop window... can't believe it worked though. Didn't realise Moore had as many as 9 to his name this season either!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'll keep my fingers crossed till it's official. Moore for Taylor keeps the budget balanced but improves the team. Nice work by Ronnie if it's true.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wow, this is even better than I imagined. Moore in and Taylor out! Well done Ronnie, that gets a big thumbs up from me. \\:D/

Let's just now hope Greenacre isn't going anywhere.

Can't wait for the Leeds game now.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yes this is superb news. I've always been a big Mooro fan, followed his career when he moved to Forest and Burnley closely, and he's a player I like a lot, and have a lot of time for. A great lad. Made up that Ronnie persuaded him to join!

Indeed good business to replace Taylor with Moore imo. Gareth had his moments, but recently his lack of movement has been annoying me, I know he's 34/35 but he didn't outwardly show much effort in my eyes. Appreciate what he's done for us, but best for all parties I think that he moved on.