• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

MK Dons v Tranmere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, we may as well start this topic early as it potentially one of Rovers' biggest games in years.

Who do you want to play? Who do you think Little will pick? What formation will he go with?

For a start, Little simply cannot play Murray. On today's performance, he doesn't deserve to play next week. Wilson whilst not the greatest of keepers, seems miles better than Murray.

Murray is something like 6" 5 yet looks arkward with it. We must simply play our strongest team, but this alone is worrying.

Injured
Calvin Zola, Sam Aiston, John Achterberg, Mark Rankine(?)

Suspended
Stephen O'Leary, Jason McAteer(?)

That's 5/6 first teamers out. Little has now got to rely on the youngsters in getting us through this.

Mike Jackson will be back from suspension so will Little play 5 at the back. I really think we need to attack the Dons. Sitting back is only asking for trouble. We need width also.

What about playing 442. Put Tremacro at left back, Roberts on the wing. I'd even be inclined to leave Facey on the bench and play Greenacre and Davies up front as the Greenacre/Facey pairing simply doesn't work. But then who on the right wing?

Bloody hell, the squad is so thin at such a crucial stage of the season.

C

championship_here_we_come

my team to keep us up hopefully

wilson
goodison sharps (Michael Johnston/ollie james) roberts
Mike Jones jennings harrison tremarco
greenacre davies

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
As you all know I'm not a fan of 3-5-2 for us as quite often it ends up for us being 5-3-2 or 8-0-2, but I think with so many players out and the squad so short of quality and experience this is possibly what I'd go for.. although due to the fact that Greenacre has in the past played right midfield I'd be tempted do a switch and have Davies leading the line. He's gotta learn sometime and most of our players from this season will be gone by next season...

-------------- Palethorpe --------------

----- Raven -- Sharps -- Tremarco -----

Davies -------- Linwood -------- Roberts
-------- Jennings ---- Harrison ---------

---------------- Brown ----------------
------------- Greenacre ---------------

Also, Brown can play quite effectively on either wing, so perhaps instead pop him out wide and have the Davies/Greenacre partnership. Then again, perhaps I'd go for 4-4-2 as it is the best formation, Linwood as a centre back instead of a destroyer. Who knows.

Of course I don't think for one second that's the team that will be picked by our "esteemed" manager. More like:

Wilson
Raven Sharps Goodison Tremarco
Jennings Harrison Roberts
Davies Facey Greenacre

Which leaves us with a dodgy keeper, two centre backs who today again showed that neither can concentrate at all, a totally lightweight midfield, and three strikers who neither recieve any service nor know how to play together and spend most of the ninety minutes with their back to goal, and finally all the talent sat warming the benches or seats in the stands. So with a streak of s*** that starting at the manager runs right through the team, at least we won't be getting our hopes up - we will lose again - to what is a fit, physical and well organised MK Dons side.

So as far as I can see, it's not good news. Unless Little gets sacked.

evo_trfc

MK Dons are flying at the moment they are full of confidence and to be honest i cant see us getting anywhere near a result there. I reckon it will go down to the last game of the season and us needing a win to stay up because MK dons and Rotherham are going strong. With the squad so thin its going to be extremely hard my squad. yes Murray was **** to day but i honestly dont think wilson looks anything like a keeper! bring back Dino so my line up

Murray

Tremarco CB SharpsCB Jackson CB
LWB G Roberts RWB Raven
CM Harrison CM Jennings CM Davies
FC Greenacre FC Facey

Our players were stupid enough to get sent off but our squad is so thin so we are going to struggle

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
This is one of the biggest matches in years. IMHO whoever loeses will be the team to go down, and to be honest I'm not that confident.

We're expected to take 1,000 hope everyone gets down there and supports the lads in this dog fight.

J

Johnny King is God

championship_here_we_come said:
wilson
goodison sharps (Michael Johnston/ollie james) roberts
Mike Jones jennings harrison tremarco
greenacre davies

I know we need a bit of pace at the back, but Michael Johnston? Surely with that strange running style he's going to struggle controlling a football!

Having said a retired American sprinter with no football pedigree would probably waltz into our first team at the moment.

Jesus Christ, that is hands down the most woeful midfield I have ever seen at Tranmere.

We are up **** creek.

I echo what Dixie Dean said - Why has Rankine left now when we need him so much.

Dick.

Ally

Player
Aldo
On a more positive note, if we lose on Saturday, and Yeovil and Rotherham lose too (likely, as they're away at Hudds and Brentford), then all will hinge on our game against Donny.

Now, if we get a point in that game, and MK Dons beat Rotherham or Rotherham beat the Dons - then the loser of that game goes down. But, we must get at least a point.

There are loads of other possibilities but we're lucky really that it's Rotherham v MK Dons on the final day - at least both these teams can't get 3 points.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
So what do we think will be Little's tactics on Sat? Will he go ultra defensive in the hope of snatching a draw, maybe counter them on the break, or will he go attacking knowing that a win should be all we need, and not have to rely on the last game of the season.

Player
Morrisey
IMO we will win! Little now has no excuses for playing brown and also no excuses for playing 4-4-2. We need to defend but at the same time have the ability to provide service.

Murray
Raven-Sharps-Goodison-Tremaco
Brown-Harrison-Jennings-Roberts
Greenacre-Davies

I think this will be a draw! Probably be 0-0.

Ally

Player
Aldo
So, you think we will win and draw?

We won't win. We'll go 1-0 up, then lose 2-1.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
It is NOW a massive game, mainly due to the ineptitude of the manager and players over the last month.

My team:
Wilson
Raven Jackson Sharps Roberts
Jennings Harrison McAteer (please forgive him FA!) Tremarco
Davies Greenacre

Player
Morrisey
messed my post up!! dont know what I was thinking! #-o

If 4-4-2 is played I think we will win but I cannot see BL playing a 4-4-2 so it will be a bore draw! That is what was intended!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'd agree with evo playing Tremarco in central defence as McLeod tore Jackson to shreds at PP and Carl is the only one of our possible central defenders whose got any pace.

DixieDean

McAteer getting the all clear from the FA is HUGE!!
I'm now a bit more confident about the game. Think we may just scrape a draw.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
DixieDean said:
McAteer getting the all clear from the FA is HUGE!!
Agreed. This is great news and just what we needed. I must also take back the comments I made about him after the game. The guy did nothing wrong and I'm delighted the appeal was successful.

So, onto the team:

-------------Wilson--------------
Raven--Jackson--Goodison--Tremacro
Jennings--Harrison--McAteer(c)-- Roberts
--------Greenacre----Facey-------

S

Seanyb

I just can't believe that now we have got a make or break game at the end of the season, its unbelievable! Its hard to admit it, but im not confident with the next 2 fixtures. But I'm hoping for the best

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I'll be dissapointed if people don't go to this one. This sia HUGE game and if you should know better everyone should be going and giving lads the support.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I will have to live with your disappointment. Work requirements and lack of funds combine here with a very very strong desire not to give Franchise FC a penny.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
bolton_hater said:
I'll be dissapointed if people don't go to this one. This sia HUGE game and if you should know better everyone should be going and giving lads the support.

I think it's unfair to slate people who dont go to the game. I'm working from 10-4 on Saturday, so how the hell am I meant to get to the game?

Which brings me nicely onto my next point.
I've added a chat room onto the forum mainly for this reason. It's to be used solely for people who cant get to the game and want to keep in touch with the latest on the pitch.

If it's used, I'll keep it running for the last game too for anyone exiled or unable to get to the game.

Simply click on the chat link in the forum menu bar and login with your forum username and password.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Can't make it to this one unfortunately. I'm playing a golf match for my club and if I wasn't doing that I'd be at my nephews birthday party, so no chance really. Shame as it's fairly local for me.

I'll be up for the Donny game though as it's my Dad's 60th. Just hope the result doesn't put a real dampener on the party in the evening. [-o<

Status
Not open for further replies.