• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

mcateer a breath of fresh air?

A

aiston_11

since mcateer started playing again over the christmas period doesnt it giv our midfield a breath of fresh air. with ranks and harrison it was the same old things but i think mcateer brings out the best in ranks and harrison!!!! any one else think so????? :lol:

Griff

even when not at his best he brings out better performances in the others.

He is a moaner.. but his passion does rub off on the other players. Harrison has definatly benifited. I still not rate the guy, but he is better alongside Mcateer.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I completely agree, Macca seems to bring out the best in the midfield. And Danny Harrison's put 2 goals away in the last few weeks so there definitely a huge boost of confidence.

I really hope Jas can push some of that confidence toward the gaffer. He has been making some rash substitutions when things are going well and I think it's panic.

It'll be interesting when Zola goes for international duty. Let's hope Macca & Greenacre can get everyone pumped.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Macca has been doing well since his return. I think hes picked up stuff behind the scenes and is now bringing them on to the pitch, whatver hes doing hes doing well.

M

Matthew The Rover

Macca has made a huge difference since coming back. As well as setting up numerous goals, he has pulled the strings in midfield, been a leader in midfield and also, done something none of us expected. Due to his arrival back in the first team, one Danny Harrison has had to step up his performance because of competition for places and he has been much better.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I dont know if I agree with this. He's playing alright, but I thinks its more of a team effort.

Lets say our impressive form of late started after the Carlisle penalty defeat, which was the 0-0 draw away at Wasall. Good result, should have won, no McAteer.

Next game Yeovil. Great result 4-1. McAteer starts. Hmm, poor first half. Zola and Aiston come on, change the game.

Next game. Port Vale. 2-0. Cracking result. No McAteer.

Last game. Rotherham 3-2. McAteer starts but it overshadowed by Harrison's performance.

Seriously. He's only played in 50% of the games. I'd say it was more to do with better performances all round. Sharps, Facey, Zola, Greenacre, Davies, Harrison...

Anyone agree, or am I on my own?

:lol:

M

Matthew The Rover

Ian, McAteer came on against Vale and set up Greenacre's header when he could have shot.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I can admit that maybe he hasn't been playing too good himself, but for some reason he seems to bring more out of people when he's on the pitch as opposed to when he's shouting from the bench.

Can't explain it really :?: :?:

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

He's still sending a lot of useless/loose balls forward and playing wayward passes. Still not impressed with him.

A

AndyRoo16

maybe Mcateers return has just improved morale..
the team our performing better since he has began playing...
the results seem 2 be better since his return as the thread says...
im jus happy with the current form with or without macca :D

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think its good to use McAteer in home matches but leave him on bench for away games IMO.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
well no complaints with him today.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Except that his legs had completely gone by half time and in the second half a very poor quality of opposition could walk right past him?

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I think McAteer is going through the best bit of football hes played since hes joined Rovers but I feel we cant trust him to do a good job all the time because he will either get injured again or hell go back to his old self- SHIT!!