• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Magpies (2) v Rovers (1)

Match result

• Notts County

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Magpies (2) v Rovers (1)
Posted by Ian
Meadow Lane
Saturday, August 26, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, August 26, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Do I want Dawes to go? Yes. Do I think he will go yet? No

Palios talked pre season about the chopping and changing of managers not working. He also gave Jacko 10-12 games so nothing will happen for another week or two at the earliest.

I like others criticised Dawes appointment as the cheap option. But to be fair to Palios we’ve spent money on wages of decent players like Norris, Dennis and McGee. Maybe we couldn’t have signed those players if we’d given the managers job to a bigger name? Who knows but the fact is results are nowhere near good enough and Dawes is failing to get the best out of new players like Dennis, but also existing players like Turnbull, Morris and Hawkes (although it would help if he played the latter more often).

I don’t think Adkin’s wants the job full time so I’m guessing it would be Danns

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Palios does not seem to learn with regard to managers. The failed Jackson appointment should have been enough to put him off managers with no experience but here we are again with the cheap, easy option as we find ourselves 21st in the league. 1 win, 4 losses and some serious head scratching. I'd rather invest in a decent manager who has more of a chance working and improving players than a manager that has a half decent squad but doesn't know what to do with them. Could be a rough week ahead.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Unfortunately, I did warn about not setting your shape and formation against an opponent who obviously have goals in them.
At times, I couldn't even tell you what defensive shape we were supposed to be playing it was a mess! We could and should have been at least three or four goals down at half time!
The scoreline flattered us!
We were anything but solid!
I'm not going to criticise the players cos it is unjustifiable, as the team struggled, and no defensive cover in this system that is flawed. Also it was plain to see that a couple of the subs should have started! But what is behind those decisions, draw your own conclusions.t
it was not good enough, and the misery will continue until it is sorted.
Already comparisons with other relegation seasons are being talked about and once again, the fans disquiet about the promises and the realisation of just how long a season this could be. With Wrecsam next, who knows how it will all turn out?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
What is frustrating is for league two we have some very talented players. We have a proper keeper, two good centre backs. Hendry, CH, hawkes. Morris plus proper strikers in Norris and Dennis. But Dawes can’t get the best out of them.

Rather worryingly he said post match that Norris is still being assessed….

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
What is frustrating is for league two we have some very talented players. We have a proper keeper, two good centre backs. Hendry, CH, hawkes. Morris plus proper strikers in Norris and Dennis. But Dawes can’t get the best out of them.

He also said we did well and the plan worked!
I have no idea what game he was watching!

Reactions: Ian
Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
I’m fearing the worst for Norris! Similar was said with Vaughan! Hopefully not more spin ahead of big games! Our track record with centre forward injuries isn’t the best!

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
With the week we have coming up he might not have a job come the end of the Wrexham game and yes palios has got a piss poor manager record appart fom mm in his first stint

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Even more worryingly, he said he was going for containment in the first half especially. We could have been 3 or 4 down! He's given them too much respect IMO. We have players capable and he should have put a team out that was capable of giving them a game instead of making changes late on and going for it with 10 minutes to go. The first 80 mins was garbage.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

drwhoman

It does nothing for squad morale when there is not clear selection strategy and a scattergun approach to selection in the hope that something will work. It is simply not good enough. If this goes on a return to the National League beckons.

Player
Goodison
Sign a crocked player, rush him back, gets crocked again.

Amateurish, like the manager.

Player
Goodison

I know it shouldn’t really matter, but why does he dress like that?

He looks like has just fallen out of the pub and been asked to do an interview for fan tv or something.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I know it shouldn’t really matter, but why does he dress like that?

He looks like has just fallen out of the pub and been asked to do an interview for fan tv or something.
Ha I’ve said the same. It doesn’t matter but at one point today when 2-1 down he rushed to retrieve the ball and looked like some scally wandering around Birkenhead. Don’t think the cap does him any favours!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Here's the highlights if you can call them that.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
He is using the cap to hide away from the s#@&t on the pitch he has been serving. If the foxes put a half decent team out on Tuesday we will get stonked i am saying it now 6-0 the foxes