• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

maclaren gone

favo94

Player
Was ian sharps
somethin is going on within our club...players walking away from 2 year deals...our squad is gettin smaller by the day, and no one being brought in.

Player
Liam Palmer
Just got a text from a mate telling me. pretty gutted really, I thought he was the most influential member of the team. Either our squad was crap and they are finding their level below us, or we cannot even compete on deals with League 2 clubs. Which one do you think? Players like Stockdale and McLaren weren't world-beaters, but they will be hard to replace and the more the squad needs rebuilding, the longer it will take to get right.

RM was saying at the end of last season that he had a good squad and all he needed was a couple of additions. He now needs half a team.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Another player gone to a lower division side. It makes you wonder if these players really were league one quality. Hardly an inspiring move.. to Bradford if it's true.

Moore told the club's official website: "There hasn't been a lot of activity in general since last season ended. Players and agents have been on holiday and checking their options.

"There's no panic - a lot of things will fall into place at the last minute. We've got to make sure we make the right signings for the club to take us forward.

"We're speaking to players and hope to make signings within the next couple of weeks."

Let's keep the faith. There will be signings to come.
Ronnie's not stupid, he knows how many players he has in his squad and what areas he needs to fill.

Patience is a virtue!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
1st of July now and all of a sudden the market will be flooded with players out of contract. Now the real wheeler-dealing will start and I'd expect confirmed signings within a fortnight. If two weeks have gone by and the first team is still threadbare, then I'd start to really worry how tightly the purse strings are being pulled.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
This has come as a surprise. Offered a 2 year deal and unlike Sherriff near guaranteed a start in his favoured slot, opts to drop down a league. Jennings next?

Hey Ho! and another one leaves.

Something's up, certainly, but I'm a 'my glass is half full' type of bloke so i'm keeping the faith.

RM has been in this job long enough so I'm sure he has something up his sleeve.

The next few weeks will be interesting enough :) and I'm looking forward to it.

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
its nice to see that the tranmere rovers website keeps us upto date with everything thats going on...

drwhoman

mclaren gone

I agree - the website is just a marketing tool. Yes - you could say the same about that of, say, Liverpool, but they do at least have some news about players. I think the Rovers site must be maintained by the marketing manager.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
It's a shambles really, the website - it's supposed to be one of the ways to keep us fans informed of the goings on at the club - yet it is like going back to the 80s and early 90s when I had to wait to buy a programme at the game to know what has happened.

In this day and age, the website manager at the club should be ashamed, there are so many better club's sites out there that are efficiently updated and maintained and with new fresh ideas of stuff the fans want to see and read about. Ours is just pants. God bless White Review for keeping me and others informed at least!!!=D>

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
We've had Ian and some volunteers, nobody paid for any of it, and yet white review as a site is still better than the one that somebody at the club is being paid to run. It's a disgrace how poorly maintained and updated the official site is, not only the frequency of updates but also basic things like having working links and apparently nobody is checking for errors with the spelling and grammar. Now is it any wonder that the media at large fail to take notice of stories related to Tranmere, since even our club's own website doesn't bother to run stories related to Tranmere!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Such a shame really, considering we used to have a really good independant official site many years ago, run by Phil Moss I think. Shame he decided to take off, but who can blame him.. Although the structure of the site reamins somewhat uniform, there's no excuse for lack of updates. Very poor..

Player
Liam Palmer
Yeah, I agree, the website's crap. I emailed them twice to tell them Robbie Stockdale was Scottish when he was listed as English and they totally ignored me. 5 caps FFS (OK, they were Berti caps). OK, so the lad was born in Redcar and spoke like a Geordie, but that's not the point, is it? Only Goodison had more caps of the squad. Anyway, sh*te website.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
All these departures are worrying. Nearly everyone who is out of contract has either been released or has done a Bosman. It must mean either Ronnie has upset them all or there are financial issues. I don't think it can be Ronnie, as so many of them are players he managed before and brought in himself.

My theory is that the club are cutting back on individual wages. I doubt if anyone has been offered a pay rise in their new contract - more likely a pay cut. The likes of Sherriff and McLaren have obviously been offered more money and don't mind dropping a division to get it. I'll bet Jennings's agent is trying to get him a better deal and if he succeeds, he'll be off too. I expect even Ronnie wasn't offered a pay rise, which would explain why it took so long for his contract to be renewed.

Ronnie needs to look for some young, ambitious players. We've still got enough experience in the squad (Coyne, Kay, Moore, Greenacre).

The mass exodus means Ronnie has a difficult job finding so many suitable replacements but I'd also be looking at season-long loans from Premiership and Championship clubs and trying out youngsters like Danny Holmes and Paul Henry.

Player
Liam Palmer
I would welcome a few younger players getting a chance. Our problem over the last two years under Ronnie has been the team's been full of too many old lags who don't seem to have the energy or enthusiasm to play. Some young legs in there could help lift the team's energy and play with a bit more spirit.